Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: VZ 58 in .223 FAIL

VZ 58 in .223 FAIL

Just a video link of what I experienced at the range the day after I had my VZ 58 returned to me from North Sylva after over 4 months of work to fix the FTF and FTE problems, which I was told there were none.

Basically I am frustrated about purchasing a rifle it had loads of problems (FTE and FTF), I send it away to get fixed where I am told there is no problem... this whole process takes like 4+ months I get it back and the problems are still there and to top it off I get "it is the ammo I am using", which is complete BS...

I am now waiting for a batch of Sellier & Bellot 5.56x45 55gr as SFRC have told me this is what was used to test fire this rifle and it works... so once that comes I will make another video.

http://youtu.be/7LxJPviOo5I

I am posting this on both SFRC and NS forums because really it is either pass the buck!
    Last edited by Soldier270; 07-15-2013 at 10:01 PM.

scary slam fire. yikes

Yah there are 3 failures here FTF, FTE and the slam fire with the 3 round burst....

Anyone know how I make a link for the video?
    Cheers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    I am/have been going thru the exact same process with NS with my compact 7.62x39. Doesnt feed, jams up, wont chamber, wont extract yet the returns guy kept giving me the exact same excuses as you had. "Its the ammo", or my favourite"its the weather" and another classice line from him "its just the way the rifle was designed"!!!!!
    No lie, these were the BS lines I was being fed.
    I havent tested mine out yet after the supposed warranty but I did experience the exact same problems running dummy rounds thru it in the office at NS and they still claimed the rifle is fine.
    Ohwell, if I have problems with it still, I will be contacting CSA directly and telling them my problems and the way the warranties have been handled here in Canada for their rifles.
    Im not a licensed gunsmith but I do have a extreme amount of knowledge regarding these style rifles, way more then the returns guy at NS (who gave me the BS lines about my rifle) yet only to watch him with my own eyes not knowing and being able to insert a mag into the rifle!?!?!?!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GIGGIDY's Avatar
    Original posters video embeded:

[youtube]7LxJPviOo5I[/youtube]
    Last edited by GIGGIDY; 07-17-2013 at 09:08 PM.

CGN Regular
    I'm in the same boat. I dont have every trooble you have but i have the same weird case separation that you have wih norinco cj95.
    I just sent my rifle last week to north sylvia and 4 month of wait...really? That is ridiculous. I hope i wont have to wait that long.
    I am dissapointed really..
    For me the only thing it would shoot is hornady 223 taps.
    You can talke to csa . I'm curious of the answer.keep us imformed

Holy crap that's scary!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Waynetheman's Avatar
    Scary vid. Just bizarre behavior.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Ok for the slam fire take the bolt out and rattle it up and down could be a stuck or broken firing pin. It seems like it has a problem there that's why it slamed fired and didn't fire the round. Broken or stuck pin is 1 problem. Another could be magazine or ammo related as 90 percent of the function of the rifle is the magazine. Also if ammo bullets are being pushed in that could be caused by a few things 1 is a incorrect cut chamber another is a bad crimp on the bullet meaning it's easy to push in to test this take a round of ammo and try pushing it in by hand on a desk and see if you can push the bullet in to see how much force it actually takes. If it slides in easy it's most likely the ammo.

Hope that helps you fix it or gives you an idea of the problem as it might be just fine tuning that should of been done at the factory or a gun made on a off day.

Here is a video on how to take apart the bolt of the VZ 58 stuck pin would be my bet for the slam fire could be broken could be dirt who knows until you look at it.

[youtube]Q-vSb4xpQBM[/youtube]

Reloaded ammo with pistol primers instead of rifle primers can cause slam firing so if it's reloaded ammo they warn people not to do that as when the bolt slides forward the pin can come out because of the force hit the primer and fire and sometimes with pistol primers it will empty the magazine before it stops. Depends on the design of the rifle but that is why they warn people not to use pistol primers in rifles.
    Last edited by haha49; 07-15-2013 at 10:15 PM.

CGN Regular
    It doesn't resolve that fact that is not an isolated issue and that is un-acceptable for 1000 $ rifle.

Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast