Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Tavor bolts are being shipped completely stripped

Need to know if the source of the left hand conversion head space check thing came from lawyers or an actual catastrophic failure? I bought a complete left hand bolt and just picked up my Tavor... can I slide this thing in or do I need to check the headspace? What spec gauges do I use?

Who has installed the left hand bolt themselves and what were your results?

Thanks,
    Praise the lord and pass the ammunition.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    I just slapped it in, lgs smith said no need for checking headspace for the job that was done... i didnt know if I was to believe that, but I was to in a hurry to try it out, so I just held it at a distance first few rounds. 500 rounds or more in now and its all good.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Island Gun Nut View Post
    Need to know if the source of the left hand conversion head space check thing came from lawyers or an actual catastrophic failure? I bought a complete left hand bolt and just picked up my Tavor... can I slide this thing in or do I need to check the headspace? What spec gauges do I use?

Who has installed the left hand bolt themselves and what were your results?

Thanks,
    I just did this for the latest generation Tavor that I just bought from Arnie's. It came from Canada Ammo complete...cost me just over $180 shipped. After doing all the other bits to flip the rifle over to lefty, the lefty bolt just went in. Shot it in the range and performed well with 62 grain AE brass, and 55 grain MFS steel case .223.

Perfect, I'll just let er rip then. Thanks guys.
    Praise the lord and pass the ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeydealer View Post
    Has anyone ever actually accomplished assembling the bolt at home? How in the hell do you manage to insert the roll pin for the ejector, I mean it is literally smaller in diameter than my beard hair. I am nearly at the breaking point of sending the parts back to be assembled.
    Yes, I did a lefty conversion, but it is a little tricky, and I did drop some small parts. A lot of cussing, and the wife looking on the floor, and it was found. They really need to send the bolts out already complete, but it is possible to do it, if you have the right tools and eyesight!

I used my 5.56 headspace gauges, and it passed no problem. Passed the test fire next.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, talk about those that do.

89AA03848 Basic 91AA03998/7T8131 Afghanistan

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Left handed Tavor bolts are shipped out exactly as they are received from the factory. Which is the same way they have always been sold.

The parts required are included on your existing bolt. All you require to remove them is a 1.5mm punch, a small hammer, 5 minutes, and basic mechanical skills.

If users are not comfortable doing the conversion themselves, we would be happy to do it for you at no charge. They can also be requested in a left handed configuration through your dealer when ordering.

If you lose parts, replacements are readily available. Anybody who contacts us has received needed parts very quickly.

Thanks,
    Same price or different? (Trying to decide on used and swap myself, or new.)

BTW: Unless I'm missing something, it is a stupid design. The only reason the barrel needs to be touched is to flip over a plastic dust cover. A little rubber plug in the hole would do the same thing, maybe better - and no need to touch the barrel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567