Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tavor bolts are being shipped completely stripped

I received an initial confirmation but nothing since. Would really appreciate a timeline.

CGN Regular
    Has anyone stripped their bolt and swapped parts over?

I'm waiting for parts so I don't have to, just in case the ejector flies across the room.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    ^ a solid plan!

For all those that required Tavor bolt parts and forwarded me a proof of purchase, those parts have already shipped, and are on the way to you now.

Thanks,

Jon

Thanks for the update Jon! Can't wait to convert this thing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    North Sylva,

Wow, major eff up on my part, I missed seeing the "proof of purchase" part in your earlier post. Come to think of it I don't even know if I can find my hand written receipt from the "hole in the wall" store that I had purchased my LH bolt from any more. Am I S.O.L.?

I guess I could always go back to the store and get another receipt from them. It just sucks though because they are 80+Miles worth of addition road trip for a freaking receipt.

I will try and have another look this evening, for that receipt but I don't know how good my luck will be.

I kinda would like to have my RH Bolt intact before the last week of august as there is an American that I know who will be wanting to try it out as he has never even had the chance to hold one let alone shoot one in the U.S.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    For anyone who purchased a left handed bolt that came stripped. North Sylva and IWI will be providing you these parts at no cost.

Please email your shipping information and proof of purchase to jon@northsylva.com

Parts will go out ASAP upon arrival.

Thanks,

Jon
    How would you like receipt of proof of purchase?

My bolt parts just arrived! Shipped nicely in a box with packing puffs. Thanks to North Sylva and IWI for taking the high road on this one.

Speaking of packaging, a warning if anyone plans on buying their left hand bolt from SFRC: they shipped mine in a padded envelope, if you can believe it, so make sure you specify "ship in box" on your order comments.

After a cursory attempt to assemble my bolt, and giving up due to extremely tight tolerances on the ejector pin, I took my parts to a gunsmith here in town.

Twenty minutes later, the ejector pin was broken. He managed to machine down an m16 pin to fit, mostly. He said it should last a few thousand rounds but it does not insert all the way. I honestly don't know what to do now. This is a master gunsmith of 25 years experience, and I know I'm at least the second person this has happened to.

Despite North Sylva's work to make this right, I believe that the stripped left hand bolts on the market should be recalled, sent back to Israel for reassembly, then redistributed. As it stands, I do not believe them to be fit for consumer use.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast