Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tavor bolts are being shipped completely stripped

Quote Originally Posted by Samson23 View Post
    After a cursory attempt to assemble my bolt, and giving up due to extremely tight tolerances on the ejector pin, I took my parts to a gunsmith here in town.

Twenty minutes later, the ejector pin was broken. He managed to machine down an m16 pin to fit, mostly. He said it should last a few thousand rounds but it does not insert all the way. I honestly don't know what to do now. This is a master gunsmith of 25 years experience, and I know I'm at least the second person this has happened to.

Despite North Sylva's work to make this right, I believe that the stripped left hand bolts on the market should be recalled, sent back to Israel for reassembly, then redistributed. As it stands, I do not believe them to be fit for consumer use.
    If your having difficulty installing the parts, please feel free to send the bolt to me and I can do it for you. I am the IWI Armourer for Canada.
    It literally takes 2 minutes to assembly the bolt properly. I can't see how your master gunsmith would break that pin.

Sending them back to Israel is pretty extreme for something so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    If your having difficulty installing the parts, please feel free to send the bolt to me and I can do it for you. I am the IWI Armourer for Canada.
    It literally takes 2 minutes to assembly the bolt properly. I can't see how your master gunsmith would break that pin.

Sending them back to Israel is pretty extreme for something so easy.
    I didn't realize you were an armorer as well, which is very fortunate. What would turn around time be like? Do you have more ejector pins in stock? I've sent an email and would like to get mine up and ready asap.
    Last edited by Samson23; 08-16-2013 at 02:30 PM.

I purchased LHB from CanAm last year, it was stripped and I managed to do it myself. The bolt took minutes the chargin handle better part of a day just to turn the bolt to release the barrel. I owuld like to purchase spare parts for my Tavor can I do it through Al Flaherties. I want everyhting that goes on the bold ejector pin and firing pin. Please let me know how to proceed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Email John. Or call.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

I've sent my bolt to Jon for a parts re-install, and knowing now that NS is willing to do the install, I'd definitely suggest folks go that route.

Will future left hand bolts come pre-assembled with the extra bits?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Read North Sylva's posts, I believe he said yes.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Both places that I contacted that have them in stock say that they are stripped. Can I order one that has everything now or do I have to purchase without and get the extra parts from North Sylva?

I'd suggest if you do buy a stripped bolt to send it to NS for parts install rather than getting the parts and trying to do it yourself.

Received my bolt back today from NS with ejector pin happily placed. Thanks to Jon for the quick turn around time on this. Again, I recommend you guys just send your bolts to NS for install rather than attempting it yourself.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast