Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tavor bolts are being shipped completely stripped

Quote Originally Posted by GeerGuy View Post
    Both places that I contacted that have them in stock say that they are stripped. Can I order one that has everything now or do I have to purchase without and get the extra parts from North Sylva?
    Did you find an assembled left bolt?

Not yet, but I need one...

This was posted on IWI's US Facebook page on August 22:

"There has been a change regarding how we sell the left hand bolts. Originally we sold them directly to customers as we stated the conversion was a user level task. However, we now feel that this is an armorer level task and require the rifle to be shipped into us for the conversion work. The change was made because the conversion itself is a bit more intensive than what it was originally marketed as, and because the new LH bolt needs to be properly headspaced to the barrel. The conversion work itself is free, but we still will have to charge $109.00 for the bolt and $10.00 return shipping.

Please contact customer service by phone: +1-717-695-2081 or by email: info@iwi.us A Customer Service Representative will assist you with your request."

Does this apply to the Canadian version?

What is the recommendation for converting a RH to a LH?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeerGuy View Post
    This was posted on IWI's US Facebook page on August 22:

"There has been a change regarding how we sell the left hand bolts. Originally we sold them directly to customers as we stated the conversion was a user level task. However, we now feel that this is an armorer level task and require the rifle to be shipped into us for the conversion work. The change was made because the conversion itself is a bit more intensive than what it was originally marketed as, and because the new LH bolt needs to be properly headspaced to the barrel. The conversion work itself is free, but we still will have to charge $109.00 for the bolt and $10.00 return shipping.

Please contact customer service by phone: +1-717-695-2081 or by email: info@iwi.us A Customer Service Representative will assist you with your request."

Does this apply to the Canadian version?

What is the recommendation for converting a RH to a LH?
    North Sylva already said they will install the parts for the bolt for free.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    North Sylva already said they will install the parts for the bolt for free.
    I think he's asking more about the re-headspacing. I'll be honest: when I took my tavor out for the first time after a home conversion, I fired it well away from my face for at least a few rounds.

North Sylva told me that the newer LH bolts that they are shipping out will be fully assembled, but I still can't find a vendor that has the new ones.

The issue for me is the headspacing. There are some comments on the IWI US Facebook page that suggest that some people that did the conversion themselves are experiencing problems with reliability after.

I also want to know if IWI or North Sylva will be offering a similar "$119" deal in Canada. I know it wouldn't be that cheap, but they need to do something to offset this new requirement for a gunsmith.

bump for a comment from North Sylva...

CGN Regular
    Has anyone ever actually accomplished assembling the bolt at home? How in the hell do you manage to insert the roll pin for the ejector, I mean it is literally smaller in diameter than my beard hair. I am nearly at the breaking point of sending the parts back to be assembled.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeydealer View Post
    Has anyone ever actually accomplished assembling the bolt at home? How in the hell do you manage to insert the roll pin for the ejector, I mean it is literally smaller in diameter than my beard hair. I am nearly at the breaking point of sending the parts back to be assembled.
    Trust me: send them to Jon. He has mythical elf hands.

So i Received my tavor in the mail today with the lhb and was pleasantly surprized to find my left hand bolt complete (minus the firing pin of course)
    i just finished the conversion with assistance from a fairly detailed video on youtube by Ratworx but i am curious do i still require to get my rifle gauged for excessive head space or should it be just fine since i did not have to gut my rhb?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast