Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tavor bolts are being shipped completely stripped

Tavor bolts are being shipped completely stripped

I just received my LHB from SFRC today and was both surprised and disappointed to see that it came completely stripped (no ejector, extractor, or components). If you've seen the kits being sold in the US, they come complete plus a barrel wrench.

This means that you must scavenge all components from your existing bolt. Considering how difficult it is to source broken/lost Tavor parts, this is very concerning. One Tavor owner on CGN has already lost an ejector pin with no ETA on a replacement.

I couldn't find any contact info for North Sylva directly, so I'm posting this in hopes that they can provide bolt parts kits to LHB buyers. Considering the bolt cost $200, this would preferably be free.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    ^haha. That would be me.

With NO response from ANY North Sylva Reps...

Jon! Wake up!

I do feel like I am getting shafted seeing how the bolt came completely STRIPPED! That makes it rather hard to convert it back to a righty for a day if you are letting some new shooters try some real steal (and polymer)!

I need the ejector itself, and the rollpin that holds it in. I also need all the parts necessary to restore my righty bolt back to working order. (Extractor, rubber underneath the extractor, roll pins, a 2nd ejector, ejector spring, the little rod inside of the ejector spring...)

I am loosing precious summer days of shooting with TV and Samson!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Samson23 View Post
    I just received my LHB from SFRC today and was both surprised and disappointed to see that it came completely stripped (no ejector, extractor, or components). If you've seen the kits being sold in the US, they come complete plus a barrel wrench.

This means that you must scavenge all components from your existing bolt. Considering how difficult it is to source broken/lost Tavor parts, this is very concerning. One Tavor owner on CGN has already lost an ejector pin with no ETA on a replacement.

I couldn't find any contact info for North Sylva directly, so I'm posting this in hopes that they can provide bolt parts kits to LHB buyers. Considering the bolt cost $200, this would preferably be free.

Left handed Tavor bolts are shipped out exactly as they are received from the factory. Which is the same way they have always been sold.

The parts required are included on your existing bolt. All you require to remove them is a 1.5mm punch, a small hammer, 5 minutes, and basic mechanical skills.

If users are not comfortable doing the conversion themselves, we would be happy to do it for you at no charge. They can also be requested in a left handed configuration through your dealer when ordering.

If you lose parts, replacements are readily available. Anybody who contacts us has received needed parts very quickly.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    ^haha. That would be me.

With NO response from ANY North Sylva Reps...

Jon! Wake up!

I do feel like I am getting shafted seeing how the bolt came completely STRIPPED! That makes it rather hard to convert it back to a righty for a day if you are letting some new shooters try some real steal (and polymer)!

I need the ejector itself, and the rollpin that holds it in. I also need all the parts necessary to restore my righty bolt back to working order. (Extractor, rubber underneath the extractor, roll pins, a 2nd ejector, ejector spring, the little rod inside of the ejector spring...)

I am loosing precious summer days of shooting with TV and Samson!

*edit*

Just got your message now. Will be in touch via PM.

Thanks,
    Last edited by North_Sylva; 07-17-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    If you lose parts, replacements are readily available. Anybody who contacts us has received needed parts very quickly.
    I just sent you a PM. Thanks.

PM Sent with info!
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Anybody who contacts us has received needed parts very quickly.
    I can vouch for that. I contacted them and was redirected to Al Flaherty's (which is fair). Within a week I picked the part up. All the knocks NS gets from us yet they still got a $50 part out with speed.

Left handed Tavor bolts are shipped out exactly as they are received from the factory. Which is the same way they have always been sold.

The parts required are included on your existing bolt. All you require to remove them is a 1.5mm punch, a small hammer, 5 minutes, and basic mechanical skills.

If users are not comfortable doing the conversion themselves, we would be happy to do it for you at no charge. They can also be requested in a left handed configuration through your dealer when ordering.

Thanks,
    The lefty bolt that canada ammo sold me a few years back included the extractor and ejector. They weren't always sold stripped down as you imply. Only cost 200$ to.
    Last edited by Ebola; 07-17-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
    The lefty bolt that canada ammo sold me a few years back included the extractor and ejector. They weren't always sold stripped down as you imply. Only cost 200$ to.

I will second this, I picked up one from Can Am as well and it was complete for the same price. I just removed my R/H bolt, installed the L/H and it was ready to play.

Yea. I paid $220 for my stripped down one from my LGS...

To me it would only make sense that they are shipped with all these itty bitty pieces pre installed as they are not made for the average joe to work on in my opinion. The ejector especially... haha
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast