Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa Mare's Leg

Last edited by Sargeant Slaughter; 05-08-2014 at 10:50 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargeant Slaughter View Post
    Only if it has only a pistol grip on it . Full stock is NR if it has OAL of 26 inches or more .
    Also needs to be loaded and fired one handed. The mares leg needs both hands to cycle the action.

BANNED
    Only if it has only a pistol grip on it . Full stock is NR if it has OAL of 26 inches or more .
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries- View Post
    Also needs to be loaded and fired one handed. The mares leg needs both hands to cycle the action.
    You guys are talking about the definition in the firearms act. We're talking about the British Columbia hunting regulations. Two very different things.

BANNED
    I doubt it, as the synopsis is written as follow:

Handgun – is a firearm that is designed, altered or intended to be aimed and fired by the action of one hand or that has a barrel less than 305 mm (12 in.) in length.
    The barrel length has its own "or" section. Naturally, this differ from the definition made of a "handgun" in the CCoC/FA.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    I have a takedown 92 with 24" barrel lined up off EE. I get it at the end of the month!
    I will use the receiver and but stock to make a wicked switch barrel !

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by deckerhead View Post
    useless......
    Always someone who has to be a Debbie downer....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    The Rossi and Henry's aren't that much bigger, carry more ammo and don't have any hunting restriction.
    While I like compact guns I'd rather carry something I can hunt with in the bush.
    I'm happy with the 12" barrel the best thing about the Chiappa 92 takedowns is the barrels interchanged with no modification at all (switch barrel rifle) I can't watt to see how the different callers affect the timing
    I probably would try it out the 9" version on a full stock just for fun

Delete
    Last edited by Sargeant Slaughter; 02-10-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Delete
    Last edited by Sargeant Slaughter; 02-10-2014 at 03:44 PM.

BANNED
    Hanguns are required to have a barrel length of 16" or less AND a pistol grip legally "by combining a barrel from a licensed firearms manufacture that is less than 406mm (16.0") in length and a receiver/frame fitted with a pistol grip only, this firearm may be deemed a "handgun" and therefore "RESTRICTED" under the definition of "restricted firearm" in Part III/Firearms and Other Weapons of Section 84 (1) (a) of the Criminal Code of Canada.
    - "handgun" means a firearm that is designed, altered or intended to be aimed and fired by the action of one hand, whether or not it has been redesigned or subsequently altered to be aimed and fired by the action of both hands. " A quote from the RCMP to me . Provincial Hunting Regulations are entirely a separate subject and defining a "handgun" doesn't fall under their jurisdiction .
    AFAIK, Province are free to tell you what you can hunt with or not, as such, if what you are prohibited to hunt with include, I quote "a firearm that is designed, altered or intended to be aimed and fired by the action of one hand or that has a barrel less than 305 mm (12 in.) in length." that they decided to call a handgun, no matter what the RCMP decide to define as a handgun. The definition used by the criminal code has nothing to do in this matter. To some extend, the Criminal Code is not a ubiquitous source for defining things, which you seem to be unable to understand.

ps: ...and please, don't patronize me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast