Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa Little Badgers -- First Shipment Has Landed

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by winnipegger View Post
    Do they have an extractor/ejector? The only firing video I found showed the guys picking the shells out of the chamber.

It has a extractor which pulls it well out from the chamber.... from there you can twist it, pick it, pull it however you want. I tip the open action-ed barrel to the right and the casing flies out as i grab my follow up cartridge form my belt.

Another thing that a lot of people have been saying, is that if you mount the scope on the top rail, it is blocked by the rear sight, and the hammer has to be modified with an extender...

All I did is I mounted the scope on the Right side rail. I can get a cheek weld for the scope or my back up iron sights. I've also removed the bottom rail so that it can collapse farther. Minor filing (about 1/2mm) on the hinge release lever clears up the minor rubbing from the deeper fold.

I love this gun

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by max02 View Post
    I had mine go off when closing the action and nearly took out my quad tire...its not a matter of the rim getting pinched. there was a flaw with the little badgers, when opening the action after firing the hammer SHOULD go into half cock, it did not causing the hammer to move almost to half cock but then snapping back on the firing pin when closing the action on the live round. Chiappa sent a new trigger parts kit, (so they seem to know of this). Chiappa is awesome to deal with but should be a recall.
    Mine also slam fires regularly

Good to know there is a easier fix, I was worried it would be a hassle.

It's a great gun, I just wish there wasn't such a great risk to my families safety. I had no idea I would endanger peoples personal safety because I bought a companies poorly tested product.

I'll be getting that kit, thanks for the heads up!

CGN frequent flyer
    Wow that seems incredibly dangerous! Chiappa dropped the ball on yet another product.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer promac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    .22 Mag PLEASE.
    2nd'd
    Warning: I am not a lawyer; any ideas, views, opinions or advice may be incorrect, incomplete or contain errors and omissions. Anything could seem like at good idea at any given moment. Readers should consult with their legal professionals before taking any action based on the information contained herein.

Used to be that we "Worldproofed" our children. Now society wants to childproof the world.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by safety first View Post
    Mine also slam fires regularly

Good to know there is a easier fix, I was worried it would be a hassle.

It's a great gun, I just wish there wasn't such a great risk to my families safety. I had no idea I would endanger peoples personal safety because I bought a companies poorly tested product.

I'll be getting that kit, thanks for the heads up!
    Just don't point the gun at things you aren't willing to destroy..... like parts of your body or your family.
    Teach them the same if they are shooting.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Just don't point the gun at things you aren't willing to destroy..... like parts of your body or your family.
    Teach them the same if they are shooting.
    Pretty much this. Always muzzle control. Double so when a cartridge is chambered.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

CGN Regular
    I'll be getting that repair kit.
    Last edited by safety first; 08-10-2015 at 09:35 AM.

CGN Regular
    The fix-it kit

I really like mine, was just using it this wkend. Great price, compact and super fun little rifle. No to mention it is very accurate.

The "slam fire" is a mystery to me and mine does not seem to do it, or be willing to do it even if I try. I will still be extra cautious with it tho... truthfully, if you are following the ACTS and PROVE stuff the fact that it may slam fire shouldn't be a huge issue, after all in theory, any rifle could slam fire. None the less a big mistake by Chiappa if this is a common problem and something they should have probably recalled. or fixed ASAP with their new batch.

I just got this email response from Chiappa so is there really any fix?

Sorry for late reply, we've been closed for summer holidays during the past weeks.
    Unfortunately, but there is no trigger upgrade for the Little Badger.
    Kind regards.

CHIAPPA FIREARMS
    Susanna