Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SilverDale Gun Range

SilverDale Gun Range

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in in SilverDale gun range since it's one of the few that accepts new members at the moment and have heard only good things about the club. I have had no luck trying to speak to someone through their phone number that's posted on the website so I was wondering if any current members are here that could answer a couple of question.

1. Is the club still operating? I'm asking this because no one answers the phone and the website was for a couple of weeks.

2. Can you get a day pass without being a member to try out the facilities?

Thank you in advance and if you have any other gun ranges to suggest for a newbie in Toronto are please let me know.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer thehook92a1's Avatar
    Yes the club is still operating they are very busy that's why there is no answer.

And yes you can get a day pass for $20.00 on the weekends Saturday and Sunday.
    Enjoy.

As I will be moving to the area for work during the week can anyone give positive or negative experiences about the club?
    Gun control defined:
    The theory that criminals who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft, and murder, will obey a law that prohibits them from owning a firearm while disarming decent people from having access to firearms to prevent criminals from achieving their goals.

CGN Regular
    Its a great club, the people and staff are very friendly and accommodating. I've had nothing but good experiences there. If I were closer I would definitely join.

Big and Nice.
    CSSA/IPSC/USPSA/NROI

CGN frequent flyer
    Good club, however the RSO's range from overbearing to unreasonable, to competent and fair. Then the other day, my black friend had to listen to an RSO talking with a South African guy about what a great guy Eugene Terreblanche was. My friend now has an impression that many gun owners are racist. Certainly an uncomfortable moment.

Thanks for the all responses guys. I did manage to speak to someone today and will definitely check it out tomorrow morning. It's going to be a long trip but I'm sure will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by coltseries70 View Post
    Good club, however the RSO's range from overbearing to unreasonable, to competent and fair. Then the other day, my black friend had to listen to an RSO talking with a South African guy about what a great guy Eugene Terreblanche was. My friend now has an impression that many gun owners are racist. Certainly an uncomfortable moment.
    I'd hate to derail my own thread but wouldn't the fault really be on your own friend for judging an entire community based on words from one man who he over heard?

CGN frequent flyer
    I dunno about "racist" (never seen the issue come up), but I can tell you that my partner and I are a lesbian couple, and we have been members there for some time, and have never been made to feel anything but completely comfortable and welcome there. C'mon over - it's a fun place!

Good club been a member for a wile rso's can be a pain in the ass but that's the nature of the place

I joined after one visit, it was too good to pass up. I make the drive from GTA and have no regrets about it.
    Last edited by FAST-121; 08-03-2013 at 10:00 PM. Reason: punctuation

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast