Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3D Printed Magazine Body Extensions – FAQs, Requests, Reviews, Feedback

CGN Regular
    Have you made a cover for the 25 round 10/22 clip yet?
    Also wondering about the xcr-m 10 round mags.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ravohs View Post
    Have you made a cover for the 25 round 10/22 clip yet?
    Also wondering about the xcr-m 10 round mags.
    I have only been able to get my hands on the 5 round XCR-M/AR10 mags, can anyone confirm they're the same shape as the 10 rounders?
    Last edited by GSdesigns; 11-03-2014 at 03:02 AM.

CGN Regular
    I'll take a look tonight

CGN Regular
    Yup. Exactly the same

CGN frequent flyer
    Might be ignorant, but why is it that there aren't such things as a 10/20 or 10/30 pinned pistol magazine? I mean, you can get a glock with it's magazine pinned to 10, so why not an AR style magazine, designed for the AR pistol, pinned to 10, but the full length? Clearly there is some (stupid) reason for it, otherwise these mags would come that way too!

Just curious.... I'm considering getting a few of these for my AIA mags, as they are just a little bit short - can you make them in custom lengths if one wanted? I wouldn't really want the full 20 round mag length, maybe something about half as long for the extension?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krprice84 View Post
    Might be ignorant, but why is it that there aren't such things as a 10/20 or 10/30 pinned pistol magazine? I mean, you can get a glock with it's magazine pinned to 10, so why not an AR style magazine, designed for the AR pistol, pinned to 10, but the full length? Clearly there is some (stupid) reason for it, otherwise these mags would come that way too!

Just curious.... I'm considering getting a few of these for my AIA mags, as they are just a little bit short - can you make them in custom lengths if one wanted? I wouldn't really want the full 20 round mag length, maybe something about half as long for the extension?
    Well, unfortunately the laws and regulations in place now are a rats nest. It's probably best not to try to try to apply logic to them. Sure I could do a custom length, just PM me what you're looking for.

Expired Business Member
    XCR-M extensions ready

These new M14 extensions are excellent. Much, much nicer for mag changes with the AIA-type mags. Can't wait to get them out to the range. They should make the 5/5 mags actually usable, too.

Got some red extensions for my XCR 7.62x39 mags, too. This pic makes them look really orange, but they look like the red AIA extension in the second pic.

Whatever

CGN Regular
    oops

Expired Business Member
    All extension designs have recently been revised. Up until now, the extensions were designed to replicate a PMAG 30 type curve. Now they are based on the USGI 30s.

The 20 round length extensions have also been updated to match USGI 20s (Type 2 LAR, XCR-L) or Bushmaster 20s (Type 1 LAR).

>