Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Very disappointed.

Whoops, missed the quote!
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

Quote Originally Posted by jzz30tt View Post
    I don't know about them. I've emailed looking for a shipping quote because i didn't want to input my PAL just to get one and they just told me to go use the website. Explained that I wasn't willing to input PAL info just to get a shipping quote and asked if they would could please send a shipping quote. No emails back.

I'm pretty much turned off. Pretty poor way to attract a first time customer if you ask me but I suppose that's their business.
    15 August 2013

Sir / Madam:

We receive many requests for shipping rates from customers on a regular basis. Shipping totals are calculated based upon size, weight, insurable value and final destination for delivery on each item, however such request routinely do not include the information we require in order to provide any such response. Often those requests make such broad statements as "How much to ship to Nova Scotia?"

The online service was created so that customers could input their information and receive accurate shipping quotes for the products they are seeking, delivered to their final destinations. The requirement to provide a PAL is mandatory for any firearm sale, as is a valid address. The information you enter into our system to create an account with our store is not shared with any government office, and is protected by encryption security. This site was provide so that customer would not need to contact our store to request shipping quotes when they can build any order at any time, receive that information, then proceed with or cancel that order as they desire.

Can you tell me what item you are seeking, and provide your postal code for the delivery destination so that we can assess a shipping rate for your product?

For the record, the average delivery cost for shipment of most rifle-sized firearms to most destinations within Canada ranges from approximately $30.00 -- $35.00 via Canada Post. Extreme outlying areas may incur higher delivery costs.

Please respond to our E-mail address: info@ellwoodepps.com.

Regards,

Kevin
    EllwoodEpps Sporting Goods
    info@ellwoodepps.com
    Last edited by Harrier .45; 08-15-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

Quote Originally Posted by --PA-- View Post
    Personally back when I was In Borden I went their 2-3 times the first time I saw they had a Pietta for a decent price online, called before leaving CFB Borden telling them that I was going to drive 1 to 1:30 just to go and pic it up and would like it if the could put it aside for me as a wouldnt like to drive 3 hours for nothing they refused even though I was on my way, I though it was pretty rude but still purchased it, the second time I has going on a HHT to Petawawa so stop by and bought 10 strippers clips for the SVT40 An Sks and a Mossberg 500 It only took 1 hour to get them so afterward I left without checking what they gave me only to realized the gave me .308 stripper clips, So I drove back to the store the next week even though it was their mistake they made me pay the difference between the .308 and SVT40 clips and gave me nothing more than kick in the b_tt out the door as I was not buying firearms just changing parts, NOT IMPRESS at all I purchased 3 firearms from them but the service their is very poor, prices are good but they take their customers for granted now when im in the area I drive by and in the near future I dont see myself going their anymore.
    15 August 2013

Our new website provide a live and up-to-the-minute listing of our inventory to all customers. This feature means that any firearm listed on our website is available for sale to any customer at any time. As noted on our website, we no longer have the ability to place any firearm on hold without a minimum deposit (See LAYAWAY POLICIES under the CUSTOMER SERVICE tab) in place to secure that order.

This notice is clearly posted on the front page of our website for customers to review and make themselves aware of when shopping on our website.

Regarding the stripper clips you had purchased, without excusing an error that occurred in our store, for it is not a difficult thing to mistake stripper clips for a .308 Win from those for a 7.62x54R rifle, it is always advisable for a customer to ensure that the product they are purchasing is the product they actually require before they leave the store with that item. We have routinely had customers purchase primers or powder that were not the items they actually required --- whether by their error or ours --- but this mistake was not noticed until they had left the store. In the case of powder and primers, we are prohibited by federal law from accepting returns on those items.

In the case of your stripper clips, the difference in price between the .308 and 7.62x54R clips is a minimal charge -- $1.00 per unit. This cost should have been absorbed by the store through the salesman with whom you dealt when you returned to our shop. Please advise what quantity of stripper clips you purchased, and an approximate date for that purchase. I will have a suitable credit applied to your in-store account to compensate for this cost, for use with any future purchase you might wish to make from our store.

Please respond to our E-mail address: info@ellwoodepps.com.

Regards,

Kevin
    EllwoodEpps Sporting Goods
    info@ellwoodepps.com

Double post error.

Their shipping rate for castle nut pliers was $25.00 to Alberta. They only weigh a couple of ounces. Will never buy from them again.

..... complainers should be muted for a week....

common on now guys, S#@T happens. Use the phone to deal with your problems! dont come and rant on here...

Quote Originally Posted by bshooter View Post
    Their shipping rate for castle nut pliers was $25.00 to Alberta. They only weigh a couple of ounces. Will never buy from them again.
    Again, our online ordering system and shipping quote system is being revamped at this time. Previously, the system calculated a flat-rate shipping total for any package, regardless of actual size, to any location, resulting in some rather ridiculous prices for small items, and severe under-charges for over-sized items. This matter is being addressed.

The current system allows us to classify packages as Small, Medium, or Large, and adjusts shipping rates accordingly. While the occasional discrepancy might still occur, the current system does allow us to more closely regulate the shipping fees based upon the actual item being delivered, and not upon a blind template that did not take variables such as size, weight, and value into account.
    Last edited by Harrier .45; 08-15-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lacesout View Post
    ..... complainers should be muted for a week....

common on now guys, S#@T happens. Use the phone to deal with your problems! dont come and rant on here...
    Actually, this isn't a bad place to post these rants. It lets us respond to them in a public forum so customers can view the resolutions we offer to individual problems.

No, we at Ellwood Epps are not perfect. We make mistakes. We get stressed out and exhausted after long and busy days. We do not know EVERYTHING about EVERY FIREARM EVER BUILT. We do not always have the time to research every tidbit of information about brand new or entirely obsolete and obscure firearms that might once have been owned by Pablo Sanchez, or Pee-Wee Herman. But this is no excuse for poor customer service.

We are making changes both internally and mechanically that should help to correct many of the issues we have seen through our store, however we are always open to reasonable suggestions from our customers as to how we can better serve our customer base.

I dare anyone here to claim they have never had an off day, never made a mistake, or never put forth less than a 100% effort in any project they have ever undertaken.

Let's move past the negativity and concentrate instead upon how we can work together as retailer and customer to clean up some of the mistakes on both sides of the counter, and make this a more enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
    Last edited by Harrier .45; 06-03-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier .45 View Post
    Actually, this isn't a bad place to post these rants. It lets us respond to them in a public forum so customers can view the resolutions we offer to individual problems.

No, we at Ellwood Epps are not perfect. We make mistakes. We get stressed out and exhausted after long and busy days. We do not know EVERYTHING about EVERY FIREARM EVERY BUILT. We do not always have the time to research every tidbit of information about brand new or entirely obsolete and obscure firearms that might once have been owned by Pablo Sanchez, or Pee-Wee Herman. But this is no excuse for poor customer service.

We are making changes both internally and mechanically that should help to correct many of the issues we have seen through our store, however we are always open to reasonable suggestions from our customers as to how we can better serve our customer base.

I dare anyone here to claim they have never had an off day, never made a mistake, or never put forth less than a 100% effort in any project they have ever undertaken.

Let's move past the negativity and concentrate instead upon how we can work together as retailer and customer to clean up some of the mistakes on both sides of the counter, and make this a more enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
    Well Props definitely ought to be given for that response. And being one of the 'complainers' in a way I have no issues giving them.
    CSSA Member

Ovrec

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast