Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Very disappointed.

My LGS has prices that are downright insulting. I feel sorry for the dumb SOB's who think they are getting a deal. If you can play the waiting game online purchases are the way to go.
    "There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at."

I've always had good service at Epps. I have never been there when there wasnt lots of customers in the store so wait times can be expected. For me its a convenient pass by shop on my way up to see family/go to the range.

I think epps already showed good service in this thread. They posted letter, then free shipped the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries- View Post
    You may want to try harder on your first impressions here.
    Noted. I certainly did not mean to do any harm, so my apologies.

As I stated on the other thread, I fully admit I am new to this forum. I saw that Epps had a page so I started scrolling through it, and did not realize that even the "newer" messages listed were old, as well.
    Last edited by Petamocto; 03-03-2014 at 01:23 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter1of38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Noted. I certainly did not mean to do any harm, so my apologies.

As I stated on the other thread, I fully admit I am new to this forum. I saw that Epps had a page so I started scrolling through it, and did not realize that even the "newer" messages listed were old, as well.

No problem. We all have pretty thick skin here (most of us anyway)
    Guns are cheap entertainment....The least OBTUSE of my interests

Quote Originally Posted by TT_270wsm View Post
    Holy old thread! The store would be much better off if everyone that worked there treated customers the way Harrier .45 does. I have had mixed experiences there, but every time I read these types of responses from Kevin, I feel reassured. Are you by chance the younger gentleman (in comparison) with longer, light brown hair and glasses? If so, I've had nothing but great treatment in store from you, busy or not.
    I am not certain who the "younger gentleman (in comparison) with longer, light brown hair and glasses" might be. That description does not seem to fit any of our current staff, but then we have had a bit of a turn-over in the past year or so!

I do not work in the gun room on a regular basis, and am primarily in the office answering E-mails and customer inquiries, as well as taking orders. I do work in the gun room on Saturdays, so if you are stopping by, be sure to say "Hi!".
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

Moved Post

Moved Post
    Last edited by kidcom; 03-04-2014 at 07:29 PM.

While I love the store (large and easy to kill an hour just checking out the shelves) I have had a recent experience that perturbed me.
    I brought in 4 firearms for trade. I was ready to receive less than I would get on EE here but was dubious with how little they valued three of the firearms despite all the upgrades.
    As such I ended up only trading 3. Despite the low evaluation on two of the rifles, I was anxious for something different.
    The two low evaluation rifles sold in less than a day.
    This tells me that either the evaluator is not the best person for the job as he doesn't know the value of items, or (worse) he valued them low so that either he, another coworker, a friend could then buy them at a super deal for themselves to keep or resell for more.
    Once my credit is used up there, I don't know that I'll visit that shop again which is unfortunate as it is a little gem in an otherwise long drive.

Quote Originally Posted by cycoblade View Post
    While I love the store (large and easy to kill an hour just checking out the shelves) I have had a recent experience that perturbed me.
    I brought in 4 firearms for trade. I was ready to receive less than I would get on EE here but was dubious with how little they valued three of the firearms despite all the upgrades.
    As such I ended up only trading 3. Despite the low evaluation on two of the rifles, I was anxious for something different.
    The two low evaluation rifles sold in less than a day.
    This tells me that either the evaluator is not the best person for the job as he doesn't know the value of items, or (worse) he valued them low so that either he, another coworker, a friend could then buy them at a super deal for themselves to keep or resell for more.
    Once my credit is used up there, I don't know that I'll visit that shop again which is unfortunate as it is a little gem in an otherwise long drive.
    I say this respectfully Mr. C. but you were offered a price per firearm and chose to accept it, I fail to see how you can be upset with the transaction. The other option you seem to fail to realize is that the evaluations were fair and accurate and the firearms were exactly what the new purchasers were looking for and paid full and fair retail price which is what a lot of us have and will continue to do with our purchases. Not trying to stir anything up just voicing my thoughts.

Tb

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ceezed View Post
    After some 30 mins or so of standing around while an employee (no fault of his) hopelessly searched the store
    What do you mean no fault of his? It damn well is 100% his fault. Place responsibility where responsibility is due. I'm sure the company pays this employee to process customer orders and to know basic business processes, not to stand around and do nothing. Lets get real here. This employee is the front face of the company. His actions and inactions do directly effect the company.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast