Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Very disappointed.

Very disappointed.

I have purchased many times from Ellwood Epps over the years and always look forward to stopping in if I'm in the area. I have been very happy with them....until today.

After calling earlier in the week and reserving a set of Lee 9mm pistol dies (which I even offered to pay in advance as a guarantee that I was coming to pick them up and called again to confirm before I left) I was extremely disappointed to find that when I arrived at your store, they were no where to be found. After some 30 mins or so of standing around while an employee (no fault of his) hopelessly searched the store for my dies I was told that they were here somewhere and that I would be contacted when they turned up. Well, that's just great!! Since I only live about 2 hours away... So after wasting almost 4 hours driving and another half hour or so in the store and still no dies, I want to thank you for wasting my time and most of my Sunday. I know it's crazy that I was willing to drive that far for just a set of dies, but I was actually looking forward to checking out your inventory and maybe picking up a new rifle and some other accessories. Needless to say I didn't buy anything as I was certainly in no mood after this runaround.
    Don’t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Greg King

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pizdets17's Avatar
    thats why I shop online..
    Buy quality once or keep buying crap forever..

It's hit or miss these days, from my dealings with them if it's not physically in your hands in their store assume it's not available.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Talk to them, and maybe they'll ship 'em for free.
    But ya, I know how agravatinging it can be.
    It's an 8 hour round trip for me, and I go for whatever reloading supplies they have in stock.
    I never have a hard time dropping 500 bucks at a time.
    And I'd do anything to get outta this one horse town.

Quote Originally Posted by ceezed View Post
    I have purchased many times from Ellwood Epps over the years and always look forward to stopping in if I'm in the area. I have been very happy with them....until today.

After calling earlier in the week and reserving a set of Lee 9mm pistol dies (which I even offered to pay in advance as a guarantee that I was coming to pick them up and called again to confirm before I left) I was extremely disappointed to find that when I arrived at your store, they were no where to be found. After some 30 mins or so of standing around while an employee (no fault of his) hopelessly searched the store for my dies I was told that they were here somewhere and that I would be contacted when they turned up. Well, that's just great!! Since I only live about 2 hours away... So after wasting almost 4 hours driving and another half hour or so in the store and still no dies, I want to thank you for wasting my time and most of my Sunday. I know it's crazy that I was willing to drive that far for just a set of dies, but I was actually looking forward to checking out your inventory and maybe picking up a new rifle and some other accessories. Needless to say I didn't buy anything as I was certainly in no mood after this runaround.
    12 August 2013

Sir / Madam:

We do have one (1) set of Lee 9mm Luger Deluxe Pistol dies (with powder spoon and shell holder) in stock and available to purchase. I currently have these dies in-hand. Retail pricing on this item (cat #90963) is $58.99 + taxes.

I am uncertain why our staff was unable to locate this die set for you when you visited our store, as I did find it on the Lee reloading shelf, right along with all of our other Lee dies.

Regardless of this, I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and would be more than willing to send these dies out to you. Please contact me directly, either by telephone at 705.689.5333, extension 230, or by E-mail, at info@ellwoodepps.com so that I can process this order on your behalf.

Regards,

Kevin
    EllwoodEpps Sporting Goods
    Last edited by Harrier .45; 08-12-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    If gun owners in this country were truly a threat, do you really think our politicians would have lasted this long??

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier .45 View Post
    12 August 2013

Sir / Madam:

We do have one (1) set of Lee 9mm Luger Deluxe Pistol dies (with powder spoon and shell holder) in stock and available to purchase. I currently have these dies in-hand. Retail pricing on this item (cat #90963) is $58.99 + taxes.

I am uncertain why our staff was unable to locate this die set for you when you visited our store, as I did find it on the Lee reloading shelf, right along with all of our other Lee dies.

Regardless of this, I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and would be more than willing to send these dies out to you. Please contact me directly, either by telephone at 705.689.5333, extension 230, or by E-mail, at info@ellwoodepps.com so that I can process this order on your behalf.

Regards,

Kevin
    EllwoodEpps Sporting Goods
    Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting and taking my call this morning. I appreciate you shipping them out free of charge and your quick resolution to this issue.

Cheers,
    Laurence
    Don’t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Greg King

So I thing , they should offer you those dies for free and a gift card for your 4.5 hrs, otherwise you will go somewhere else,

Quote Originally Posted by ceezed View Post

FREEDOM IS EVERYTHINK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Very hard to shop in store now, we are spoiled like a brath with the possibility of securing marvelous items very fast online, would not go back to the old system, sure sometimes you get a good deal in store ( like i got today) but it is 95% pure luck... JP.

I don't know about them. I've emailed looking for a shipping quote because i didn't want to input my PAL just to get one and they just told me to go use the website. Explained that I wasn't willing to input PAL info just to get a shipping quote and asked if they would could please send a shipping quote. No emails back.

I'm pretty much turned off. Pretty poor way to attract a first time customer if you ask me but I suppose that's their business.
    CSSA Member

Personally back when I was In Borden I went their 2-3 times the first time I saw they had a Pietta for a decent price online, called before leaving CFB Borden telling them that I was going to drive 1 to 1:30 just to go and pic it up and would like it if the could put it aside for me as a wouldnt like to drive 3 hours for nothing they refused even though I was on my way, I though it was pretty rude but still purchased it, the second time I has going on a HHT to Petawawa so stop by and bought 10 strippers clips for the SVT40 An Sks and a Mossberg 500 It only took 1 hour to get them so afterward I left without checking what they gave me only to realized the gave me .308 stripper clips, So I drove back to the store the next week even though it was their mistake they made me pay the difference between the .308 and SVT40 clips and gave me nothing more than kick in the b_tt out the door as I was not buying firearms just changing parts, NOT IMPRESS at all I purchased 3 firearms from them but the service their is very poor, prices are good but they take their customers for granted now when im in the area I drive by and in the near future I dont see myself going their anymore.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast