Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tired of having a forward mounted optic on your CZ?

These look like a solid, affordable alternative to the cantilever mounts on the market that can run over $200, although they do seem like they sit high. Anyone with an M4-style stock should be able to run a cheek-riser to fix this, but for those with a folding stock (like myself) this might not be the best option. Just my 2 cents.
    Never get out of the boat...unless you're goin' all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by prepper4lyf View Post
    These look like a solid, affordable alternative to the cantilever mounts on the market that can run over $200, although they do seem like they sit high. Anyone with an M4-style stock should be able to run a cheek-riser to fix this, but for those with a folding stock (like myself) this might not be the best option. Just my 2 cents.
    Does anyone have first hand experience with this mount on the CSA version with a m4 stock? I wanted to know if a cheek riser is absolutely necessary, as I think this would be a good option for a scope mount on my VZ. Also, why couldn't someone manufacture a mount that sits lower on the dust cover, as I don't see why there needs to be such a large gap. Is the gap there just to maintain use of the irons? If so, I don't think that is necessary considering it's a quick release mount and it wouldn't take long to get back to your irons.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    I believe the gap is there to allow a take down of the rifle without having to remove the scope mount. If the scope mount was any lower you would have to remove it to take off the cover and bolt carrier. I personally don't find the mount that high even with the factory folding stock for a red dot, but everyone has a different cheek weld etc.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

The best option for retaining cheek weld for both irons and mounted optics with this side mount is the Fab defence uas-vz. http://www.fab-defense.com/en/catego...for-vz-58.html . I have the metal joint version purchased for 300 from another distributer, but the polymer version has been available from wolverine for about half the price of the metal. The metal version adds about .75" extra lop which worked out better for me vs stock folder. With this setup it takes 1s to drop the cheek piece down from optic to irons in the event of a failure.

Looks good! Will have to order one soon. Wish I could find a peep sight to go along with it!!

Hawkmoon
    "Ok, that does it, screw you guys I'm going home. Talking poo is where I draw the line."

CGN frequent flyer Pistolwhiptricks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    I believe the gap is there to allow a take down of the rifle without having to remove the scope mount. If the scope mount was any lower you would have to remove it to take off the cover and bolt carrier. I personally don't find the mount that high even with the factory folding stock for a red dot, but everyone has a different cheek weld etc.
    The gap is there so that you can still use the irons. The fab defense stock as mentioned is the best option for check weld with this style mount but not really necessary when running a red dot with no parralax.
    Last edited by Pistolwhiptricks; 08-17-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    Nobody knows?
    You can't drill and tap the cz858 because the receiver is too thin where the rail is mounted. I just drilled holes and used different screws with nuts and loctite. Worked great!
    1Ti 5:8 But if any provide not for his own (including protection), and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel (liberal).

Ah, I see. I still would like to see a mount that rides lower.

...If the rail doesn't work, please contact Danielle as she has assured me it will fit.
    Tell her she can sleep with both eyes closed now

It fits my CZ-858 99.9%. I have to either file a hair off the top or bottom of the rail or just persuade it into the grove with a rubber mallet. I'm going to file it and the arma-coat it.

And the scope mount hooks on 100% perfect. I was worried that I'd have to slide the mount all the way off the rail but wouldn't be able to due to the sling mount sticking out. But the way the rail is cut it only has to slide back a bit to pop off. Bonus!

I'll post photos when it's all pimped up.

Thanx Danielle (and Grumpy Wolverine)
    Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN!!!
    ------------------------------

Hey, there is also an LPM (low profile mount) version available. This sit lower and puts the iron sights out of commission. I didn't see this on your site. It is something you guys might be able to get?
    Last edited by nickgun; 11-18-2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast