Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HC3R Ruger 10/22 Magazine

Good to hear ! How are they to reload ?

They are very easy to reload, using a stripper clip system makes it quick and easy

I can't wait till my wife forgets to hold the purse strings. Want a gaggle of these.

Anybody have issue with some rounds jamming up during the realignment step? I tried mine tonight, loaded the 20 from the stripper into the mag, tipped it upside down and released the lever. The first and second round tumbled funny and jammed.
    I had to take the stripper clip off and fish them out.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post
    Anybody have issue with some rounds jamming up during the realignment step? I tried mine tonight, loaded the 20 from the stripper into the mag, tipped it upside down and released the lever. The first and second round tumbled funny and jammed.
    I had to take the stripper clip off and fish them out.
    Yes, I had this happen once and I had the first 2 or 3 rounds loose in the mag, chalked it up to user error. This could possibly also happen if you manually load the mag and draw the spring back too much as you insert a round.

I also noticed these magazines hold water (I was cleaning them in the sink, mostly disassembled). I had to shake vigorously to get the water out. The side-saddle is screwed onto the magazine and it creates a void between the two layers where the water can stay stuck. I also got some paint thinner stuck in there when degreasing the mags for arma-coat prep. I found that they were a pain to mask off and I ended up using plumbers putty. I am not touching my mags for about 3 weeks (cure-time), so I have time to think about it, but I will probably drill out a drain hole.
    Last edited by JonMtl; 08-21-2013 at 01:57 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    They come with drain holes and can be taken apart easily for cleaning.
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

I ordered one mag, 3 stripper clips and 1 speed loader from One Shot Tactical. Awaiting delivery.

Not that it matters that much, I later noticed that Wolverine had all these items at a bit lower price.
    CSSA (OHA), CPC SSA (RSO), CCFR

Thanks for getting these in Wolverine! I've been patiently waiting for them. Ordered 3
    If you can read this, thank a teacher
    If you can read this in English, thank a veteran

SO...

How did shooting the Federal go?
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

Anyone shot these...and loaded them correctly!!!...using Federal? Their blue box or 525 value pack ammo?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast