Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HC3R Ruger 10/22 Magazine

I tried my HC3R mag for the first time this weekend and experienced some difficulty with getting the rounds seated properly, but after doing it a few times you get the hang of it. I first used Winchester rounds and they jammed right away, the rounds seemed to be to long and wouldn't feed. So, I switched to Federal and they worked without any problems at both slow and fast rate of fire.

Sorry to revive a old thread, but did anyone else notice these actually fit 26 rounds? I triple checked and I could fit the 20 from the clip, then another 6 on top of that. Almost had enough room for a 27th round, but it bottomed out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Usually so the mag can be inserted easier on a closed bolt, and not put so much stress on the top round that it doesn't feed properly. Shows they were thinking!

BANNED
    reliable has these for 43 bucks ouchhh i bought 2 butler creek steel lips for that, one fits better then the other but both shoot well now that i found out the sr22r s favorite ammo, ive shot alot of winchester 333 bulk, dyna gt,cci's and some federal, few stove pipes , couple failures to eject but its liking cci . I did a 500 shot multiple ammo shoot the other day to try out 1 mag of rapid fire with each of the manufacturers i had and all had ejecting problems except the cci. 25 rounds rapid fire after 600 rounds without cleaning and no jams thats how i like to test my 22lr amo and just for ####s and giggles i loaded another 25 in the other clip just to make sure and flawless victory.

Thanks.
    Will try this mag. Had a very frustrating day with the other after market 25 and 50 round mags.

BANNED
    Mine both came loose riding around in my truck. The follower has a screw in the backside that access from a hole in the backside. They should put some kind of loctite on the screws. Lucky they didnt fall all the way out.

Anybody carrying them at a semi-reasonable price..??
    Thanks for any information...

My experience with HC3 mags (Gen 1) is that the majority of problems experienced with them comes from improper loading of the magazine. They are a little trickier at first until you get the hang of it. Definitely watch the 'Proper Load Stack and Unload Procedure' video on the manufacturer's website and practice it 2-3 times until it comes natural.

http://www.hcmags.com/video-gallery.html

BANNED
    Great customer service right from the manufacturer. I bought mine at Wolverine and some of the stripper clips seemed too tight to allow the rounds to feed correctly. Wolverine wanted me to send the bad ones back to them. I called the manufacturer and no questions asked they sent me a package of 3 new strippers. So I can throw away the ones I find bad as I use them. I mention to them also about how the follower bolts were backing out and recommended some loctite and they are looking into my concern. Very satisfied with the company.

I had 4 of these. Sold them. They didn't work very well for me. I followed all the youtube howtos but still had no luck. I used a mix of different ammunition but mostly Winchester white box.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast