Thread: Everybody want's to be like ....Rick!

Everybody want's to be like ....Rick!

Going to SAIT introduction to gunsmithing course in sept.

I will need a barrel blank and an action. I'm hoping ATRS can supply both some suggestions and when the time comes the parts themselves.

Do i risk buying say an infidel action and possibly F%$@ it right up or should i just get a budget friendly piece to learn on.

What might be a good barrel blank? again im wondering if my dream of custom length carbon would be a bad idea to be learning on?

Please feel free to chime in your advice if you are either ATRS , a smith or have experience in this specific course

BANNED
    Best of luck with the new course and hopefully, long career in the field afterwards. It's a pretty darn tough business and you better be cut from a tough cloth to make it, but those who have do it very well.

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Best of luck with the new course and hopefully, long career in the field afterwards. It's a pretty darn tough business and you better be cut from a tough cloth to make it, but those who have do it very well.
    Thanks for the words of encouragement! I have no aspirations at this time to do this professionally. Just want to improve my knowledge and have some fun doing what i love

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by outlawstags View Post
    Going to SAIT introduction to gunsmithing course in sept.

I will need a barrel blank and an action. I'm hoping ATRS can supply both some suggestions and when the time comes the parts themselves.

Do i risk buying say an infidel action and possibly F%$@ it right up or should i just get a budget friendly piece to learn on.

What might be a good barrel blank? again im wondering if my dream of custom length carbon would be a bad idea to be learning on?

Please feel free to chime in your advice if you are either ATRS , a smith or have experience in this specific course
    Jeff puts on a pretty good "basic manual lathe skills geared towards gun making course" but it is NOT at all in my opinion a "gunsmithing" course.
    You will learn how to make a lathe bit and how to contour a barrel as well as thread, chamber and crown it. For many they need to repeat the course in order to have enough time to complete a project short of buying their own lathe.

You need to get your act together damn quick if the course is in Sept as it takes a few months to obtain a barrel blank.

At this time we are not selling just our actions, complete rifles based on our actions only.
    To use a carbon fiber wrapped barrel will defeat much of what is taught in the course and to use a VERY spendy blank to learn on would not be my recommendation. On the CFW barrels there is ZERO room for error.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there