Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: COLT LE6920 M4 & LE6920SOCOM In-Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post
    Better QC. NO

Research. Who originally produced the AR15? Thought So.

Thanks for the dis-information. You perpetuate the kool-aid.
    Among all AR15 manufacturer, Colt is the only one have NPC bolt - individual magnetic particle inspected bolt; and only one have individual high pressure tested and magnetic particle inspected barrel. Most other manufacturer only do those QC with 1/50 or 1/100. Myself consider that is better QC.

About who is the original manufacturer for AR15, I already explained in the previous post.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by berserksun View Post
    Among all AR15 manufacturer, Colt is the only one have NPC bolt - individual magnetic particle inspected bolt; and only one have individual high pressure tested and magnetic particle inspected barrel. Most other manufacturer only do those QC with 1/50 or 1/100. Myself consider that is better QC.

About who is the original manufacturer for AR15, I already explained in the previous post.
    You obviously have spent to much time on AR15 dot Com. Or you are 14.

It's so funny to hear that.

down the street and just around the corner
    Its expensive because your pretty much paying for the brand name which is Colt.

There was a time when Colt was the only sole manufacturer and distributor of the AR-15/M16 design after Armalite designed it during the 60's

Colt established its name with the AR-15/M16 design based on the fact that the thousands of AR-15/M16 rifles that was used in combat for the first time (Vietnam War) was Colt branded.

Even after the Vietnam War, most if not all of the M16 rifles issued to every US soldier during the 70s, 80s and early 90s were Colt branded.

Its not the quality, its the brand name - THE BRAND NAME!
    "This world we live in has become a world of over sensitive, easily offended, over reacting whining hypocrites. One cries for freedom yet the same demands censorship."

Questar - CGN Sponsor

I've been to the LMT factory and watched them individually test their bolts and barrels... both MP and HPT is done to ALL OF THEIR L7D3 and L7A3 bolts and not just 1 out of 50 or 1 out of 100 as you stated above... same for their barrels.

I believe there are a few other companies that MPI and HPT 100% of their bolts and barrels but I'll let others speak to that. The point is that your blanket statement that Colt is the ONLY company to do it is simply wrong.

As for pricing, it's not an issue of which rifle is "better" it's an issue of costs. Wholesale costs, import costs, transportation, handling, etc. dictate the eventual selling price of any product. If one manufacturer offers the dealer a 35% margin and another offers the dealer 10 to 15% margin then the selling prices of those two items may very well be skewed once they get to retail... especially here in Canada.

Let me explain it this way... Company A has an AR which has an MSRP of $1,499 US. Company B has an AR which has an MSRP of $1,299 US. Company A offers a 33% margin to their dealers (so dealer cost is $1,000) but Company B offers a 10% dealer margin (so dealer cost is $1,169.10. Before you laugh and say that's not possible, let me assure you that there are a number of AR manufacturers out there that offer dealers 10% to 15% margins on their products.

For a dealer the Company A product is saleable... in fact the dealer can even discount the retail pricing and offer sale pricing, etc... but the Company B product is a problem since the dealer simply can't stay in business handling their rifle at 10% gross margins. Just getting the rifle from the manufacturer to the dealer will eat away at some of that margin (shipping cost) and the cost to take a credit card on the sale would eat up most of the balance of the "profit" so the dealer has to make a choice... either refuse to carry the product or increase the retail pricing in order to have a margin they can stay in business with.

This is a pretty simplistic explanation... lots of other factors involved... but as you can see the pricing is a function of the costs more than anything else. Over the years there were a lot of really neat products that we decided not to carry simply because the manufacturer's pricing structure was such that we simply couldn't stay in business on the margins they offered and if we had set the product pricing high enough to cover our costs the product would not have been competitive in the marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post
    You obviously have spent to much time on AR15 dot Com. Or you are 14.
    I consider those are common knowledge for gun nutz.
    Yes, I'm 14 and I know more than you, I don't know who should be shamed of.

Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    I've been to the LMT factory and watched them individually test their bolts and barrels... both MP and HPT is done to ALL OF THEIR L7D3 and L7A3 bolts and not just 1 out of 50 or 1 out of 100 as you stated above... same for their barrels.

I believe there are a few other companies that MPI and HPT 100% of their bolts and barrels but I'll let others speak to that. The point is that your blanket statement that Colt is the ONLY company to do it is simply wrong.

As for pricing, it's not an issue of which rifle is "better" it's an issue of costs. Wholesale costs, import costs, transportation, handling, etc. dictate the eventual selling price of any product. If one manufacturer offers the dealer a 35% margin and another offers the dealer 10 to 15% margin then the selling prices of those two items may very well be skewed once they get to retail... especially here in Canada.

Let me explain it this way... Company A has an AR which has an MSRP of $1,499 US. Company B has an AR which has an MSRP of $1,299 US. Company A offers a 33% margin to their dealers (so dealer cost is $1,000) but Company B offers a 10% dealer margin (so dealer cost is $1,169.10. Before you laugh and say that's not possible, let me assure you that there are a number of AR manufacturers out there that offer dealers 10% to 15% margins on their products.

For a dealer the Company A product is saleable... in fact the dealer can even discount the retail pricing and offer sale pricing, etc... but the Company B product is a problem since the dealer simply can't stay in business handling their rifle at 10% gross margins. Just getting the rifle from the manufacturer to the dealer will eat away at some of that margin (shipping cost) and the cost to take a credit card on the sale would eat up most of the balance of the "profit" so the dealer has to make a choice... either refuse to carry the product or increase the retail pricing in order to have a margin they can stay in business with.

This is a pretty simplistic explanation... lots of other factors involved... but as you can see the pricing is a function of the costs more than anything else. Over the years there were a lot of really neat products that we decided not to carry simply because the manufacturer's pricing structure was such that we simply couldn't stay in business on the margins they offered and if we had set the product pricing high enough to cover our costs the product would not have been competitive in the marketplace.
    Actually, I need to rephrase what I said, Colt is the only manufacturer do individually inspection to ALL bolt and barrels. I know some other manufacturers do the same thing, but only for their high-end stuff.

In any means, LE6920 shouldn't be that expensive. The price was super early this year, but right now, the price is already close to the normal range.

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Actually, I need to rephrase what I said, Colt is the only manufacturer do individually inspection to ALL bolt and barrels. I know some other manufacturers do the same thing, but only for their high-end stuff.

In any means, LE6920 shouldn't be that expensive. The price was super early this year, but right now, the price is already close to the normal range.
    Again you are wrong... LMT does this for ALL of their basic rifles... in fact the only bolts they don't test 100% (if I recall correctly) are a very few of their custom enhanced designs... but their basic patrol rifle, etc. are 100% tested. That is the fact regardless of what you think you know.

When you say "I know" what you really mean is that "you've read somewhere" . Reality is that you have very little experience and even less first hand knowledge. Just because you read something somewhere doesn't make it true... case in point: people who read your post and believe what you say now think they "know" things too... only problem is that what you've taught them is wrong.

Some manufacturers out there test just a small percentage of bolts and percentage of barrels... some manufacturers don't bother MPI or HP testing at all... some manufacturers test 100% of their bolts and barrels... truth is you don't actually know which ones are which. Colt is NOT the only one that tests 100%... LMT is NOT the only other one to do it... there are more.

If I were you I wil shut up. Don't wanna be too hard on a newbie but use some logic before you post.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter1of38's Avatar
    I consider those are common knowledge for gun nutz.
    Yes, I'm 14 and I know more than you, I don't know who should be shamed of.

So.....no RPAL then....doesn't really matter who makes it, who inspects it....you ain't getting one.
    Guns are cheap entertainment....The least OBTUSE of my interests

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast