Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Xtreme Models of Tanfoglio Pistols now available for Pre-order. Stock II/III and LC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MartyK2500's Avatar
    I was ''under the impression'' it was a bull barrel / regular barrel profile difference.
    Stock ll looks like the jericho 941 and stock lll looks like the shadow

Quote Originally Posted by kingdarb View Post
    What is the real difference between the stock 2 and 3?
    As Marty stated the only real difference is the Stock III has a regular barrel and the Stock II has a bull barrel.

The more i speak of tanfags stock ll the more i want one now, i am just missing info for light loads. The one i tried the trigger was horrible, if i see a normal stock ll with a nice trigger, i will know its possible and will buy asap

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hercster View Post
    Thanks Sean! Can you satisfy my curiosity and maybe a couple of others and tell us what an Nr. 2 frame is in English?
    Quantity of two remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by jpboivin View Post
    So if I understand, your Late April shipment will be here in late July?
    Who are the retailers that will sell the Appeal too?
    There is no way to predict when the Late April shipment will come, based on past shipments - it will be delayed, but probably not as much.
    The reasons for the past delays have been dealt with, new reasons are always possible, though.

When we get some Appeals that go out to dealers, we will list the dealers' names here.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdarb View Post
    What is the real difference between the stock 2 and 3?
    Stock II has a polygonal rifled bull barrel and no tacti-cool rails.
    The standard version's barrel is 1/4" shorter than a Stock III's Barrel. Stock IIs are hardchromed.
    The Stock IIIs are blued and Stock III Special Editions are nickel plated. Stock IIIs have standard longer barrels that have standard rifling.
    Stock IIIs have a cool rail under the dustcover so you can attach flashlights, lasers and bayonets. (JK):D
    Last edited by Freedom Ventures; 04-01-2014 at 07:32 AM.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

The frames are different too. The Stock III has a rail. I'll bet it needs a different holster if you use a Kydex type. I read somewhere that Tanfoglio has more than one frame quality. I don't remember where I got that. I think all the frames are cast but don't know for sure. Their info on line isn't very detailed nor easy to understand as the Italian has to be translated and I'm sure there are errors.

What I would really like to understand is what justifies the huge difference in the price of the Open gun. The obvious is the barrel, compensator and optic but $5k more than the Limited??
    Nighthawk Custom Predator II 45, Nighthawk Custom .22 upper, CZ Shadow 2, CZ Shadow 2 Canadian, CZ Shadow 1 Custom, Chiappa Rhino DS .357 Gold, SIG P-226 Elite 9mm, SIG 226 40 Upper, SIG P-320 X-Five, SIG Super Target 45, Beretta Centurion, Ruger PC Carbine Takedown 6-Position Stock 9mm Luger 18.6″ Barrel Non-Restricted

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyK2500 View Post
    The more i speak of tanfags stock ll the more i want one now, i am just missing info for light loads. The one i tried the trigger was horrible, if i see a normal stock ll with a nice trigger, i will know its possible and will buy asap
    We are expecting the Xtremes to arrive with triggers in the "nice" world.
    Of course, once we see what they are doing to them, we'll be able to duplicate it on the regular models.
    Eric is releasing the spring packs later in April (which are installed in the Xtremes) which will also help get us to the nice trigger.

As of today, my Stock II runs a 2.5 lb SA trigger and 6.5 lb DA trigger and it's not seen Eric's magic, so it's very possible to get a decent trigger.
    (Yes, I know there are lighter CZ triggers out there - a tradeoff due to gun design)

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

I would have suggested to have them shipped and screw the last 2 guys , but than again I think I was the last one ordering so yeah better wait ..

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Ventures View Post
    We are expecting the Xtremes to arrive with triggers in the "nice" world.
    Of course, once we see what they are doing to them, we'll be able to duplicate it on the regular models.
    Eric is releasing the spring packs later in April (which are installed in the Xtremes) which will also help get us to the nice trigger.

As of today, my Stock II runs a 2.5 lb SA trigger and 6.5 lb DA trigger and it's not seen Eric's magic, so it's very possible to get a decent trigger.
    (Yes, I know there are lighter CZ triggers out there - a tradeoff due to gun design)
    Well thats reasonable, 2.5# is my usual go to weight on a pistol, current shadow is set at 2.5#. Where im at with my shooting skills, lighter than 2-2.5 and i might AD on the prep.
    I could have swore the one i tried was at 5#SA, my nova is at 5# and it felt pretty much the same.
    I am the one who called today inquiring on the stockll availability, i will try one this thursday, and from there on i'll make a decision.

If you don't mind me asking, what was involved in getting a better trigger in a stock ll?
    If i sell shadow and accessories i will be in the market for a stock ll + 10 mags maybe we could deal together

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Ventures View Post
    Stock IIIs have standard longer barrels that have standard rifling.
    The Stock III Xtreme's are advertised as also having polygonal rifling. Is this not the case?

I went to the Italian web page and translated.

This is what I got on the Stock III Xtreme

Double action semi automatic pistol for I.P.S.C.. - Production division – competitions.
    The pistol will be tuned and the trigger job will be done by our custom shop.
    The Stock III model has a cylindric barrel with polygonal rifling, the slide has large serrations for easier operation, full adjustable rear sight and dovetail front sight.
    The frame has a longer fore end up to the slide muzzle for better balancing and a picatinny rails for mounting tactical lights and/or laser devices.
    The pistol a special ceramic coating and is supplied with: ambidextrous safety, Xtreme aluminum grips, Xtreme Hammer, Xtreme Guide Rod, Xtreme Firing Pin,, Xtreme front sight with Fiber Optic and a custom magazine catch.
    in the pistol case there are: the cleaning set, a steel front sight and three spare magazine.
    A certificate signed by the 5 times world champion Eric Grauffel guarantee the quality of the product

It's the same text that is on Sean's site
    Last edited by Freedom Ventures; 04-01-2014 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Clarified Xtreme
    Nighthawk Custom Predator II 45, Nighthawk Custom .22 upper, CZ Shadow 2, CZ Shadow 2 Canadian, CZ Shadow 1 Custom, Chiappa Rhino DS .357 Gold, SIG P-226 Elite 9mm, SIG 226 40 Upper, SIG P-320 X-Five, SIG Super Target 45, Beretta Centurion, Ruger PC Carbine Takedown 6-Position Stock 9mm Luger 18.6″ Barrel Non-Restricted