Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Xtreme Models of Tanfoglio Pistols now available for Pre-order. Stock II/III and LC

Well here it is in all it's glory. Gorgeous looking gun. I can see the attention to detail. All the best components. Trigger is fantastic with no creep in single and smooth double but a little heavier than I would have liked and as advertised. The single is at 4.5lbs and the double about 8.5lbs. I'll have to get that down to about 2 to 2.5 single and 6.5 to 7 double. I very happy about there being no creep. All other standard stock III's I've tried had considerable creep even after some trigger polishing. Now to try it out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maurice's Avatar
    I should have mine tomorrow
    HOT DOGS GIVE ME ENERGY, SO I CAN FIGHT OFF MY DEMONS

CGN Regular
    carsmovie

That is just fantastic looking, your photo makes it look much better then the standard photo's on the web. Looking forward to a detailed range report after you go to the range. I wonder how the trigger will be with a 1000 rounds downrange.

Congrats on a great purchase, I'll buy you a box of ammo if you email my wife and tell her I will be a better husband if I had a Stock III

My Limited Custom Xtreme made it home today as well. Thanks to Sean and company with a little help from Mr. Purolator. As has become my practice, we did a field strip and gained a bit of familiarity with the breakdown routine. I did the Froglube cooking act after cleaning out the factory oil. I cycled a few snap caps and everything seems to work as it should. The gun is tight but moves smoothly as should be expected. It can only get better with a few rounds.

I got a CR Speed WMII to fit perfectly in just a few minutes and tried the Blade Tech competition I had already purchased whiile waiting. It fit too but not perfectly. A little bit of Dremel work may be in order. I'll do a bit of photography and writing over the next few days. Thanks again to the FV folks.

Gord
    Nighthawk Custom Predator II 45, Nighthawk Custom .22 upper, CZ Shadow 2, CZ Shadow 2 Canadian, CZ Shadow 1 Custom, Chiappa Rhino DS .357 Gold, SIG P-226 Elite 9mm, SIG 226 40 Upper, SIG P-320 X-Five, SIG Super Target 45, Beretta Centurion, Ruger PC Carbine Takedown 6-Position Stock 9mm Luger 18.6″ Barrel Non-Restricted

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heddok View Post
    carsmovie

That is just fantastic looking, your photo makes it look much better then the standard photo's on the web.
    The web pics really didn't do justice to these guns.
    They are quite beautiful. I'd have posted pics of them if I had any talent as a photographer.

thanks for posting, carsmovies!

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Ventures View Post
    The web pics really didn't do justice to these guns.
    They are quite beautiful. I'd have posted pics of them if I had any talent as a photographer.

thanks for posting, carsmovies!
    My pleasure Sean. Do you know if there's a reduced power hammer spring available from Tanfoglio? I know there is from Wolff but that wouldn't be production legal.

Wow....just looked mine over...amazing finish and great deal imho. I got 4 mags with xtreme basepads...it comes with a very nice finish ( i was hesitant about the colors , but pictures do not do it justice). XTREME front sight...guide rod..hammer...grips...firing pin,..and a very nice SA trigger at this price....= bargain. To top it off...a once over by Eric and his team from the factory. Nice case...cleaning kit...oil, spare recoil spring...thanks Sean and Devon....this is my new competition gun. Nothing compares out of the box. DA is good..but obviously it will get better with proper lube and dryfire.

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carsmovies View Post
    My pleasure Sean. Do you know if there's a reduced power hammer spring available from Tanfoglio? I know there is from Wolff but that wouldn't be production legal.
    Eric's coming out with a spring kit next month, including the firing pin and mainspring - not sure if it will improve Xtremes (might be the springs in them now) but will definitely improve the regular models.

Here is my opening of the Holy grail. Xtreme Stock 2 in 9mm.
    Out of box review Xtreme stock 2 9mm: http://youtu.be/IBTorBNCzOY

I had purchased a Gas Pedal among other accessories to ease the pain of waiting for my Limited Custom. When the Gas Pedal and Tanfo got acquainted the other day, it was obvious that the screws it shipped with didn't fit the drilled and tapped holes in the Tanfo frame. I solved that temporarily by shortening some M4 machine screws I found at CTC after much searching. I've asked Sean about some better ones but for now they do the job.

More challenging was the fact that the holes in the Gas Pedal didn't line up with the Tanfo frame. I could get just two out of four to line up which would have worked but wouldn't have been visually satisfying. So out came an electric drill to enlarge the holes in the GP and then a burr using my trusty evil Dremel. Very careful incremental cuts gave me elongated holes at each end that finally lined up with the screws and the frame.

Here are the results. I used Blue Loctite on the screws and stainless steel washers as shims to get adequate clearance.

Monday will see my first IPSC practice with the new beast.
    Nighthawk Custom Predator II 45, Nighthawk Custom .22 upper, CZ Shadow 2, CZ Shadow 2 Canadian, CZ Shadow 1 Custom, Chiappa Rhino DS .357 Gold, SIG P-226 Elite 9mm, SIG 226 40 Upper, SIG P-320 X-Five, SIG Super Target 45, Beretta Centurion, Ruger PC Carbine Takedown 6-Position Stock 9mm Luger 18.6″ Barrel Non-Restricted