Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Savage M-42 22 mag./410

Savage M-42 22 mag./410

When is the Savage M-14 22mag./410 coming in? Savage USA has indicated that they have shipped to North Sylva already. Have you distributed yet, and if so, what dealer can I order from?

Thanks.

Ive been waiting for over a year. This is awesome news to me. I recently phoned SAVAGE who told me they couldnt say for sure when they would be available. Fingers crossed. Tagged for interest.
    -SideBurnz-

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I've handled one of the new model 42s. I can honestly say that this gun could be the poster child for manufacturing a gun as cheap as possible and truly trying to make it the ugliest firearm ever made in the history of the universe. Just my humble opinion, but damn, she's ugly and cheap. Money would be much better spent on the original model 24....or some other combo that admittedly would cost much more.
    Stevo94

I saw a .22lr/410 at Shooter's Choice in Waterloo last week. I've got to agree with Stevo94 on this. It felt chintzy, the ejector is just a piece of cheap plastic that is manually operated, the barrels are held together with a cheap little polymer band near the muzzle, etc. I was interested in them initially, but was disappointed. To each their own, but I'll gladly stick with my trusty, built-like-a-tank in 1968 Savage 24.

The Baikals are way better value for your money.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    Go with a Baikal, more money but still affordable and built to last.
    Never argue with an idiot!!! --- Do not ASSume!!! --- “Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place then come down and shoot the survivors.” – Ernest Hemingway

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wrong Way's Avatar
    Ontario.....far enough N of T.O. that I (almost) can't smell it
    I've got an old 24 in 22mag over 20ga if anyone's looking.
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Wrong Way". Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

Savage M-42 22 mag./410

Guys, this thread is about where the M-42 22mag/410 is? And is there any in Canada? When are they coming?

Update: I talked to Jerry at Bell Distributers and he said they are on order but as of today Savage USA has not shipped any to them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyshabadoo View Post
    I saw a .22lr/410 at Shooter's Choice in Waterloo last week. I've got to agree with Stevo94 on this. It felt chintzy, the ejector is just a piece of cheap plastic that is manually operated, the barrels are held together with a cheap little polymer band near the muzzle, etc. I was interested in them initially, but was disappointed. To each their own, but I'll gladly stick with my trusty, built-like-a-tank in 1968 Savage 24.
    It's a really cheap made gun I have to agree. It's not a cheap price though so for the money I can get a china knock off that's better quality parts and the China knock offs are junk. If it works and does the job it's not a bad rifle/shotgun but I would be afraid of breaking it in half.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dorian Gray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way View Post
    I've got an old 24 in 22mag over 20ga if anyone's looking.
    You're killin' me right now. You know that right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast