Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: M-305 & SKS special....

Thanks for the response. I will have one of these soon enough as well. Will be my 3rd SKS, but first Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by HIT_MAN View Post
    It has a couple slight dings in the stock. It is a pretty darn nice rifle though. Its my 4th sks so I know what to expect. For 90% of the people out there they would call it 10/10. But in my eyes it just isnt perfect. Not complaining but relaying what I see.
    Now here's the deal boys, it's just like shooting trap but the clays are coming at you... and they're grenades.

Order took 7 working days to get to Ottawa.
    Cheers
    Last edited by LuckyLuk; 09-24-2013 at 10:01 AM.

CGN Regular
    YES!!!! Scheduled for next week Tuesday... checked the tracker, It's in Richmond now, scheduled for delivery tomorrow (Vancouver Island)....... can't wait.... I was planning to go to the range on Saturday anyway, so maybe I'll take the M-308 too........ pissing rain, but it's going to be a good weekend!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Shot View Post
    You just may have the "holy grail" of a properly indexed barrel right there.
    More rare than common, from my understanding
    It is my understanding that the feed ramps cannot be used to determine if barrel index is correct. What about the op rod to piston alignment?
    Man who run in front of car, get tired
    Man who run behind car, get exhausted

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 98%Brent View Post
    It is my understanding that the feed ramps cannot be used to determine if barrel index is correct. What about the op rod to piston alignment?
    That gets affected by the op rod guide. When I peened and lock tited mine I took my time to make sure that, at least in my eyes, things were lined up again by repeatedly cycling the op rod under spring tension and making small adjustments to the guide position until the piston hit it in the center. ...hopefully that was right.

I think I'll be replacing my front sight and flash hider too at some point. The sight is just far too thick for any sort of precision, and it's canted over, as most seem to be.

Such an obvious and visible QC issue. If one will need to spend a hundred plus on parts to put things right, maybe better to charge a hundred more for the rifle and have the manufacturer do it right to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Such an obvious and visible QC issue. If one will need to spend a hundred plus on parts to put things right, maybe better to charge a hundred more for the rifle and have the manufacturer do it right to begin with?
    My experience with Chinese manufacturers is that they produce products to the quality that the customer is willing to pay for. Therefore if Marstar or any importer is willing to pay a little extra they will provide additional QC and improvements which will save us the trouble of doing it ourselves.

مسلم مؤمن

Quote Originally Posted by jwillmoore View Post
    My experience with Chinese manufacturers is that they produce products to the quality that the customer is willing to pay for. Therefore if Marstar or any importer is willing to pay a little extra they will provide additional QC and improvements which will save us the trouble of doing it ourselves.
    John, has stated on several occasions that previously Marstar has rejected many rifle's that did not adhere to the standards of quality that they set. He also went on record as saying the reason he didn't import shorties is because of quality control issues. Reading back, others in the M14 know have stated the 2009 full lengths imported by Marstar were of very,very good quality, therefore no reason not to believe that these will not be of top quality too(M14 doc/Thomas/45ACPking seems to agree). My shorty from 2011 has been very good with no issues, but still ordered one of these cause two are better than one and you wanna prevent DICKLOSS . If your not in the M14 club yet, you better jump in while you can. John has also stated that "this batch" will be at old pricing but that the next batch will be at higher pricing. No time like the present time.

Cheers
    W99

Quote Originally Posted by walleyed99 View Post
    John, has stated on several occasions that previously Marstar has rejected many rifle's that did not adhere to the standards of quality that they set. He also went on record as saying the reason he didn't import shorties is because of quality control issues. Reading back, others in the M14 know have stated the 2009 full lengths imported by Marstar were of very,very good quality, therefore no reason not to believe that these will not be of top quality too(M14 doc/Thomas/45ACPking seems to agree). My shorty from 2011 has been very good with no issues, but still ordered one of these cause two are better than one and you wanna prevent DICKLOSS . If your not in the M14 club yet, you better jump in while you can. John has also stated that "this batch" will be at old pricing but that the next batch will be at higher pricing. No time like the present time.

Cheers
    W99
    this is the perfect example of people reading only the last post. . . .

مسلم مؤمن

for people complaining about chinese SKS;
    they are fine, i can shoot all 5 on a standard printer page at 600feet, no sandbag.

i find them quite rusty, the bluing isnt there at certain spots and the cleaning procedure is a pain.
    for 100$ best deal of your life, after all your ammo is gone just use it as a wall hanger and buy another combo.
    "when you have to shoot, shoot dont talk."
    -the ugly

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 98%Brent View Post
    It is my understanding that the feed ramps cannot be used to determine if barrel index is correct
    As per 45APCKING on another thread, you are correct. That is why I said that the poster "may have"

According to 45APCKING, and he can correct me if I'm mistaken on this, the only true landmark to reference from is the gas port at the 6:00 position on the bottom of the barrel
    Last edited by Odd Shot; 09-26-2013 at 03:27 PM.