Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: M-305 & SKS special....

Quote Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
    Finally got mine. The everything looks good on the M305 except the gas cylinder lock snugs up around 10 o clock. Pretty far off.
    Loosen up the Allen bolt on the flashider, then loosen up the castle nut, whack it loose with a BFH and flip the gas lock (180 degree's) and see if it locks up properly, if not get in touch with Hungry / Tactical Teacher and get some gas shims.

Quote Originally Posted by walleyed99 View Post
    Loosen up the Allen bolt on the flashider, then loosen up the castle nut, whack it loose with a BFH and flip the gas lock (180 degree's) and see if it locks up properly, if not get in touch with Hungry / Tactical Teacher and get some gas shims.
    I removed the allan grub screw and tried to loosen up the castle nut with a punch and a hammer. Wouldn't budge. I noticed there was 2 tackwelds behind the bayonet lug.

I mentioned earlier that would probably be the case.

BANNED
    Syphen its easy to get the flashiders off just get some castle nut pliers and back off the castle nut a few turns.
    Then and use a big hammer and large punch placed against the bayonet lug if it has one and hit it HARD . Once the spot welds break free the flashider will move forward and you will have to back off the castle nut again. Then continue to tap if lightly to move the flashider forward while backing off the castlenut and it will come right off .

Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver View Post
    Syphen its easy to get the flashiders off just get some castle nut pliers and back off the castle nut a few turns.
    Then and use a big hammer and large punch placed against the bayonet lug if it has one and hit it HARD . Once the spot welds break free the flashider will move forward and you will have to back off the castle nut again. Then continue to tap if lightly to move the flashider forward while backing off the castlenut and it will come right off .
    With some heat I managed to get the castle nut loose. Tried a big hammer with the gun in a vice. Used a steel rod. I guess my soft computer-typist arms can't swing very hard because I didn't have luck with the welds breaking. Ah well. Put it all back together. Done for today.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by cgnnut View Post
    Got an email saying the replacement M305 shipped out Wednesday the 23rd, no tracking number provided.

I'm still out the $40 for shipping back the defective M305. Not getting any clarifications here, so it seems I will have to call, and argue about what their return/exchange shipping policy is as I keep getting two different stories.

Will post pics of the replacement when it arrives.
    As stated at the outset, we were out of M-305 by the time you contacted us....
    As I have stated many times here and elsewhere, we WILL cover the return postage, you are out nothing.
    Full credit applied to your card.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    As stated at the outset, we were out of M-305 by the time you contacted us....
    As I have stated many times here and elsewhere, we WILL cover the return postage, you are out nothing.
    Full credit applied to your card.
    John
    Hi John,

I got an email saying the much better replacement M305 that was hand selected out of five M305's that they picked through, over the phone, would ship out the next day (Oct 23'rd).

I just checked the tracking number provided in the Oct 22 email which stated "your order will ship out tomorrow", and it no longer exists in the system according to Canada Post. I just checked my credit card, and it has been refunded for the full purchase amount.

I'm guessing at this point it's safe to assume I've completely wasted my time with this?

I guess I understand the reasons, but I split this deal with a buddy, I got the SKS he got the M14. His M14 needs to be sent back and now my beloved SKS has to go back too since marstar won't let him just return the defective gun
    Last edited by Gillen1; 11-13-2013 at 02:36 PM.
    Now here's the deal boys, it's just like shooting trap but the clays are coming at you... and they're grenades.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillen1 View Post
    I guess I understand the reasons, but I split this deal with a buddy, I got the SKS he got the M14. His M14 needs to be sent back and now my beloved SKS has to go back too since marstar won't let him just return the defective gun
    When they ship out a defective rifle, there should be some kind of alternative for the inconvenience.

I waited for six or seven + months on promises of a batch of M305's that were "due in any week" about a year ago...I eventually gave up waiting/checking. When they finally did come in just recently, I figured I try out Marstar in order to give other suppliers some business. First time customer.

Bad luck in my case, and the correspondence with conflicting information at every step is enough to make me want to stay away for good.

First it was "send them both back"...then "I should have only sent one back", so "I have to pay one way shipping for returning both"....then it's... "the replacement was hand picked out of a batch of five M305's, and it's shipping out asap"... then I'm waiting for a week thinking it's en route... and nothing....so I check into it, and I find out it's not coming after all.

Surprise, order cancelled altogether. What a fiasco.

A 10% off gift certificate would have been a nice gesture, or an offer to purchase the sks at a reduced price.
    Last edited by cgnnut; 11-13-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cgnnut View Post
    A 10% off gift certificate would have been a nice gesture, or an offer to purchase the sks at a reduced price.
    Ya, something!. In my business, when we screw something up or ship bad product, we offer something as a way of saying "we apologize for inconveniencing you, and appreciate your business!".

I have come to like the Chinese SKS more than my Russian, and while it sucks to send it back, Marstar does not seem to budge on it, only saying that he can buy it at full price. That does not sit well with me. After this and just the general attitude of Marstar on CGN has me doubting any further purchases. I know I don't matter since I'm not some international highroller client, but I'll spend my $$ elsewhere as no one is forcing me to go to marstar.

I had read your posts recently, and honestly I was very surprised that they just outright cancelled your order without telling you. Not good.
    Now here's the deal boys, it's just like shooting trap but the clays are coming at you... and they're grenades.