Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 717192021222324252627

Thread: M-305 & SKS special....

I bought one from the last batch that came out fairly accurate. The problem I have is the rear sight coming loose after 1-2 mags. It drifts, my PoA drifts, and there's no point in tightening it more as it will come loose again.

I really liked this gun at the beginning, but the issue with the rear sights, not to mention rust on the handguard band and the slamfiring means mine doesn't get taken out much.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick.flhx View Post
    By the way, there several thousand satisfied customers out there who do not agree with you.... But what do they know ?
    John [/B]
    I am one of them.... all those pictures of poor quality etc etc.... didn't see any of it on mine.... if the rifle is inaccurate, it's most likely my markmanship... :D .....
    Best bang for my buck(s) for sure!!![/QUOTE]

CGN Regular
    I keep reading this silly thread hoping to see a new package deal (prices what ever) and keep getting disappointed.
    Maybe someone the new deal will be here.

are the SKS package deal still available for $360??

Quote Originally Posted by walleyed99 View Post
    All of the M305's are capable of beaing a great shooting rifle out of the box with very little work, some require a little more than others. However, here are plenty of us who have done that work on our own, and have attended Hungry clinics that can point you in the right direction.
    That's why I like this forum lots of good people willing to help a brother out , thanks man !

I don't like the attitude being fired back and forth from both sides of the cash register. The old saying "the customer is always right" (even though they may not be) seems to be fading away...

BANNED
    I never claimed to be an expert. I never claimed to be knowledgeable about the M305. Stop trying to sidestep the issue: you send out rifles where the sights are cock-eyed or the barrels are installed incorrectly. You will take equal amounts of money from two different customers and send them out vastly different products. Now, if you think I am wrong or lying then say so. But don't sidestep the issue. Say, "I don't send out poorly finished rifles with sights not aligned properly"

The issue is that if you were treated like that at a restaurant - you and your friend order the same steak but his is a nice size and cooked perfectly while yours is an overcooked tiny piece of meat - you would have a legitimate complaint.
    That several thousand customers think these rifles are all fine and dandy is irrelevant. As is your use of bold text.

FF

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    I love it when people like you arrive at these conclusions and making statements without having any knowledge of what is going on in the real world....

I realize you are an expert way beyond what the common folk appreciate

It is a strange situation when there are numerous people out there including our fellow shooter, Hungry, who until know I considered the Canadian "guru" of the M-305, I now realize he has met his match in you.

By the way, there several thousand satisfied customers out there who do not agree with you.... But what do they know ?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    I never claimed to be an expert. I never claimed to be knowledgeable about the M305. Stop trying to sidestep the issue: you send out rifles where the sights are cock-eyed or the barrels are installed incorrectly. You will take equal amounts of money from two different customers and send them out vastly different products. Now, if you think I am wrong or lying then say so. But don't sidestep the issue. Say, "I don't send out poorly finished rifles with sights not aligned properly"

The issue is that if you were treated like that at a restaurant - you and your friend order the same steak but his is a nice size and cooked perfectly while yours is an overcooked tiny piece of meat - you would have a legitimate complaint.
    That several thousand customers think these rifles are all fine and dandy is irrelevant. As is your use of bold text.

FF
    Again, you are completely missing the point. You want a perfect Springfield quality M1A at Chinese made prices.....not gonna happen, no Chinese word for perfect lol. The issues with the Norks are minor...barrel can be indexed by any gunsmith if you need your front sight to be centered, or attend one o f the M14 clinics and have it done there. Completely cosmetic if the sight is to one side or the other anyway. Finish is not perfect, but completely acceptable at this price point.
    They are good solid guns, and headspace is much better then previous years models.
    Vote with your wallet like you said and buy a Springer for $1800, lots of us are quite happy with the bang for the buck these provide for $400 and change.

PS....John, ill buy that one buddy sent back with the filed heel if you still got it

FF

BANNED
    No, I get it. What you are failing to realize is that I am not seeking Springfield quality. I am seeking consistent level of quality. I am not comparing them to other makes, I compare them to other rifles coming out of the same factory.

If you don't get that, I don't know what else to tell you.

FF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    Again, you are completely missing the point. You want a perfect Springfield quality M1A at Chinese made prices.....not gonna happen, no Chinese word for perfect lol. The issues with the Norks are minor...barrel can be indexed by any gunsmith if you need your front sight to be centered, or attend one o f the M14 clinics and have it done there. Completely cosmetic if the sight is to one side or the other anyway. Finish is not perfect, but completely acceptable at this price point.
    They are good solid guns, and headspace is much better then previous years models.
    Vote with your wallet like you said and buy a Springer for $1800, lots of us are quite happy with the bang for the buck these provide for $400 and change.

PS....John, ill buy that one buddy sent back with the filed heel if you still got it

No, I get it. What you are failing to realize is that I am not seeking Springfield quality. I am seeking consistent level of quality. I am not comparing them to other makes, I compare them to other rifles coming out of the same factory.

If you don't get that, I don't know what else to tell you.

FF
    What Norinco doesn't have some of these same problems? I've owned many of thier pistols, rifles, and shotguns and the ONLY thing that is consistant is the same lack of QC which for the most part is cosmetic in nature. 99% of them will go bang and hilt what you are aiming at, for the price they are, im not sure what more you could expect?