Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SAM 1911 Omega for only $399.00!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    I use .40 in my .45 ACT mags all the time....they actually feed better then the Mecgar .40 that came with the gun.
    Try it, you might like it!
    The Mec-Gar 9mm/40 mag that came with my gun ran perfectly. I also tried several types of 45 mags including McCormick 8 rd. power mags, Wilson 47D, Metalform 8 rd., McCormick Shooting Star 8 rd. mag (their cheaper 45) and an ACT 45 mag. The best were the Shooting Star and ACT. I ran about 75 rounds through the two types with no FTFs or FTEs. I don't know the the Shooting Stars are still available but I believe the ACT mags are the ones Wolverine is selling for about $18 ea. so that looks like the way to go for cheap, dependable mags for this gun.

Received mine today. Exactly 7 working days after order was placed. Bravo! Really fast processing, transfer and shipping. Very nice fit and finish. It has grease all over but easily cleaned (it's not cosmoline after all).

Disassembled, did not see any tool marks and the slide to frame fit is really tight. No imperfections whatsoever. Best bang for the buck. Thanks Wolverine. Another happy customer.

So I get my Canadian Access to Firearms today, see the add for this and go "oh cool", call them up say I would like to order on and they sure no problem that will be $450 and I say "excuse me" I see this huge add right in front of me that says $399, "oh thats over"...wtf? Its advertised in Canadian Access OCTOBER issue (sept 15-october 15)
    And its over? At 450 it is still a good deal, but the BS with the add has totally put me off.

GunNutz

SAM 1911 Omega for only $399.00!!!!

Spotty quality. Do you like gunsmithing? Buying extra mags and experimenting? Troubleshooting FTF?

I resisted the $399 price (I would rather buy an almost new $300 Norinco 1911).

I might not be able to resist the Glock 20 on the Wolverine web site however...

Business Member Rep
    Please note that we prepare these ad's well ahead of time. The sale went over very well (a little better than expected) and we reached the limit on the model on sale. At this point we decided to put the price up but not back to full retail. It is still a great deal but we could not continue to sell them below cost forever.
    Regards
    Guy

GL,
    check the Hodgon loading tables, you can load a .40 with a 180 gn bullet up to nearly 1000 fps. When I'm picking up my 10mm brass, I have to look at the caseheads since it's not always easily discernable from .40. The 10mm case is stronger at the web and about 1/8" longer. Yes, I understand about wanting the manly cartridge. I download my cartridges to about the same equivalent power as a .45 ACP however, still lots of recoil. The Colt 10mm frames are made of a high grade steel and have a cut in the slide rail just above the slide stop to help prevent cracking. I wish you well in your endeavour but am not sure how that cast frame, however well made, may stand up against those manly loads.

I bought the .40 version, and out of the box it would not chamber half of the rounds entirely, even after a good break-in period.

The stock recoil spring felt like a 9mm spring. I upgraded the recoil spring to 18-1/2 lb (Wilson Combat) that feeds the rounds with more authority, and I did not experience any failure thereafter.

I would still recommend this gun to a friend (excellent fit and finish for the price, very accurate, no failure thereafter). I don't know if the issue described is specific to mine, or common to a lot (wrong factory spring?).

Every recoil spring for these guns seems way too light....9mm and .40 experience here. I'd say its a good idea to swap in some Wolff at OEM weights right from the get go.
    It's getting a little bit Sunday around here.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Renegade View Post
    I read apparently .40s&w ammo works & feeds fine using 45acp magazines. At 1/2 the price of the 40s&w mags i thought i was worth a try...
    Don't be too confident about that. That is not my direct experience.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    It sure does suck when someone bumps a thread from a long time ago about a sale on something and you get excited just to realize its been over for a long time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast