Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Argo cat question

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I like the sound of her, please tell me more, I would hate to rely on a electric one and then find I can,t start the engine as I have flattened the the battery!
    princes auto used to sell those hand pumps and if i recall there were 2 models use should call their warehouse in winnipeg and ask them

The gusher is made by Whale most Marine places will probably have access to them, Whale makes a number of different sizes of hand pumps for different applications Deep Cycle Batteries are designed to discharge much more than starting batteries and come back when Charged again without damaging the batteries. Depending on the size of the tractor batteries you have you might be able to run 2 or 4 six volt golf cart Batteries in (series 2 6v batteries for a total of 12 Volts) or (parallel series 4 6V batteries for a total of 12 Volts and greater amp hour storage) for better battery longevity and performance . We used to sell Trojan t105 golf cart batteries for House banks on cruising boats they are about the size of a 24 series car battery.

Quote Originally Posted by HKMark23 View Post
    I won't presume to understand your best powering solutions for LT water use. Other ARGO owners will steer you right I'm sure. Do be aware, however, that gas can storage inside a watertight hull, not designed to provide ventilation, can be very dangerous. The ARGO design may indeed make provision for this, I don't know. If not you'll need to consider gas storage carefully.
    Very good advice, but no problem with an Argo Cat, she has one large tank under the front seat, if I can also use this for an outboard (4 stroke) then I don,t need any extra cans, a bonus as space is at a premium.
    Cheers John

CGN Regular
    Tracks rule all! Tires are far from ideal for mud, or sand and snow for that matter... even if u do have 8 of them. Maby look into a set of tracks to sling over those rubber balloons?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Tracks are no good in the water and you won't climb out of the river with them either. They are great for riding on swamp bogs and snow.

Photos added.
    LOL John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buffdog's Avatar
    John

While the ARGO and similar ATV type vehicles are great for land conditions, I have found them less than ideal to use as a boat or water transportation. They will work on the water, but slowly and have certain disadvantages, as you have found out.

To get IN the water is easy, but getting OUT is a lot more of a challenge. With all your firearms in your collection, and your constant purchasing of more and varied types, might I suggest you buy a Harpoon Gun and mount it on the front deck. An alternate would be one of those rocket propelled grappling hooks. You could launch it at the landing site, and having the end attached to your winch, use it to get out of the water.

Seriously, I can visualize your plight with the Argo, and next time I am in Wolverine, I will have to tell you a couple of amusing anecdotes in which an Argo, a Skunk, and stuck-in-the-mud footwear was involved.
    Be Warned! If you bother me, I can make it to the front gate in 3.2 seconds. Can you do it in 3.1?

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    I've always found this strange little craft we have here in Canada called a canoe works very well for river waterfowling.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Regular
    Take a look at batteries used in electric golf carts. They are designed for high capacity and long running time unlike marine batteries that are designed for high initial cranking amps.

ah hell John..........I am only a couple hours down the highway from you...........and have always wanted to learn duck hunting..............teach me up on the duck hunting, and i'll come be your swamper and do all the dirty winch hookin for ya! hell, i'll even bring a big foam number one finger and an air horn and cheer you on too! lol woot woot! hahahaha.......

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast