Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Argo cat question

I would definatly recommend deep cycle marine battery's. they are designed to go dead and take a charge again numerous times. Regular batteries usually are never the same after being drained completely dead. And their quality goes downhill everytime they go flat. I don't know much about Argos but have a scrap car trailer with a winch and I used a regular Battery at first and had nothing but trouble , switched to deep cycles and it hasn't failed me yet with a full charge the night before I use it all day.
    Just my 2 cents
    Good luck and enjoy the hunt!
    Pat

They make dual purpose starting/deep cyle batteries, I use one in my boat. 31 Series, juice to start my 90hp Merc Tower of Power, plus all sorts of power to run the tilt pump, bilge and all gauges other power requirements all weekend without needing charge.

A small folding anchor and some rope will keep you in place on the bank of the river long enough to get your winch cable secured.

ww w.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/SportsRec/Marine/BoatAnchorsRopes/PRDOVR~0790284P/3lbs+Folding+Anchor+Kit.jsp?locale=en
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2582
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2576
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2574

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    ive not owned one but man they look sweet. i doubt id ever take one in a river thou. I am cure they can move through some water but a boat is ideal for that. crossing some calm water to get to the other side sorta thing.

a bog or swamp.

the tank treads are what I like........

put those suckers on and you'll get through lots of stuff for sure.

anyone go through mud like this with the battle tank treads on it?
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    Tracks are no good in the water and you won't climb out of the river with them either. They are great for riding on swamp bogs and snow.
    Why would u say they would be no good at gettin outta a river bank? I totally disagree...

Put the tracks on it and the ice cleat kit, and it will go anywhere you can think of. A deep cycle battery is a must for a trolling motor, but most Argos don't have a very strong charging system for that size of battery. You need to get the external alternator kit for it and you won't have any more problems. An deep cycle battery will have more than enough power to start an argo motor, no need for a starting battery and deep cycle. I'd recommend an optima blue top
    Insert list of guns you own here:
    (Who needs a registry if everyone advertises what they own)

Scrap Bill C-68

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buffdog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PanzerIV View Post
    ah hell John..........I am only a couple hours down the highway from you...........and have always wanted to learn duck hunting..............teach me up on the duck hunting, ......
    What a wonderful idea.

CAN YOU SWIM WITH A DUCK IN YOUR MOUTH ?
    Be Warned! If you bother me, I can make it to the front gate in 3.2 seconds. Can you do it in 3.1?

"What a wonderful idea. CAN YOU SWIM WITH A DUCK IN YOUR MOUTH ?"

HAHAHAHA............oh man............this sounds like a reality tv series in the making! LOL it wasnt what i had in mind at first, but sure, I'll try anything once! I am sure the photos will make fine CGN posting material.........lol

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by pkitcheman View Post
    I would definatly recommend deep cycle marine battery's. they are designed to go dead and take a charge again numerous times. Regular batteries usually are never the same after being drained completely dead. And their quality goes downhill everytime they go flat. I don't know much about Argos but have a scrap car trailer with a winch and I used a regular Battery at first and had nothing but trouble , switched to deep cycles and it hasn't failed me yet with a full charge the night before I use it all day.
    Just my 2 cents
    Good luck and enjoy the hunt!
    Pat
    Good advice and get a charger that can do a proper slow recharge

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeschurman View Post
    Put the tracks on it and the ice cleat kit, and it will go anywhere you can think of. A deep cycle battery is a must for a trolling motor, but most Argos don't have a very strong charging system for that size of battery. You need to get the external alternator kit for it and you won't have any more problems. An deep cycle battery will have more than enough power to start an argo motor, no need for a starting battery and deep cycle. I'd recommend an optima blue top

A big +1 to this. I've owned 4 Argos over the past 10 years and my latest avenger with rubber tracks and the ice cleat kit easily out climbs all the others. If there is any substance to the mud at all the tracks will fair far better than the regular tires.

Also great advice on the alternator kit.

Cheers,

Brobee

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast