Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Argo cat question

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeschurman View Post
    Put the tracks on it and the ice cleat kit, and it will go anywhere you can think of. A deep cycle battery is a must for a trolling motor, but most Argos don't have a very strong charging system for that size of battery. You need to get the external alternator kit for it and you won't have any more problems. An deep cycle battery will have more than enough power to start an argo motor, no need for a starting battery and deep cycle. I'd recommend an optima blue top
    Optima batteries are now offshore junk. XS Power makes real batteries.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    I made up the brackets and installed my own alternator, that helps keep the battery charged a lot when winching.
    Tracks with cleats make a difference, without them climbing river banks is almost impossible, unless its a very gradual grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeydealer View Post
    Optima batteries are now offshore junk. XS Power makes real batteries.
    When did they go offshore? I've got lots of them and all working flawlessly. Helps if you use the right charger on them. I got the c-tek charger and they always come back from the dead now. 14 years old, or 1 year old they all still work
    Insert list of guns you own here:
    (Who needs a registry if everyone advertises what they own)

Scrap Bill C-68

Have you given any thought to possibly needing to go in another direction to suit your needs? Like perhaps a jon boat with a set launch point. I have personally gotten an ARGO with tracks stuck and getting it out was the opposite of fun! Goodluck !

Forgot to add call Luke at Lukes Town Service in Elie he knows all things argo!Not too far from you at all. He might have some ideas for you!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    For the tires let some of the pressure out of them so it gets more grip in the mud. It's not what type of tire it's how much traction you can get and letting air out gives you allot more traction.

The other option is studded tires.

Now me I like the Hobie Cat Myrade drive kayaks. It's human powered but they can really move if you want to and are easy to get in and out of the water the down side is it's human powered unless you get the motor for it. It even has a shotgun holder for hunting as well.

I find with human power you can go faster then a trolling motor.

[youtube]jomLypabrMM[/youtube]
    Last edited by haha49; 09-04-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345