Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tnw mg 34

I've been waiting since 2008 when my order went from a reality to out of stock. Heartbroken I was. Now you've shone some light into my life. My wife'll kill me, but this purchase is going to have to happen.

Frontier offer any legal advice in regards to keeping custody of a newly acquired MG34 during divorces? :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DoubleA's Avatar
    I've handled one of these. I liked it, you certainly get a lot of gun for you buck. The barrel-change feature alone makes it worth the purchase.

Has tnw fixed the problem with some of these guns jamming? that is my only concern. Want one so bad.
    Canadian Gun Rights:

"That the Subjects which are Protestants may have Arms for their Defence suitable to their Conditions and as allowed by Law." -- English Bill of Rights 1689

I prefer the open bolt as if you run a couple of belts through your gun the chamber is going to get very hot and the rounds will cook off on you. the feel of my open bolt firing is very nice and the price of my 34 was 1400$. the price of the semi autos is way too high in my mind. you have to want the gun very bad in order to pay that much money for it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Approximately how much are you looking at selling them for?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mg34 View Post
    I prefer the open bolt as if you run a couple of belts through your gun the chamber is going to get very hot and the rounds will cook off on you. the feel of my open bolt firing is very nice and the price of my 34 was 1400$. the price of the semi autos is way too high in my mind. you have to want the gun very bad in order to pay that much money for it.
    take wayyyy more than a couple belts to have a cookoff
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

I have had rounds cook off after shooting 150 rds. my reloads are on the bit hot side so the bolt cycles good. after shooting 3 belts without stopping the chamber is very hot and a cook off is possible. steel plate at 100 yards does not look very good after a shooting session.

Quote Originally Posted by mg34 View Post
    I have had rounds cook off after shooting 150 rds. my reloads are on the bit hot side so the bolt cycles good. after shooting 3 belts without stopping the chamber is very hot and a cook off is possible. steel plate at 100 yards does not look very good after a shooting session.
    Any chance you'd share your reload recipe? I'm using super hot 50's Ecuadorian, Yugoslavian, Portuguese, and nice expensive Hornady FMJ's and still not having reliable cycling. (Yes, I have done all the correct mods as well for the trigger pull, ejector pin etc)
    “Christianity preaches the infinite worth of that which is seemingly worthless and the infinite worthlessness of that which is seemingly so valued.”
    ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    If someone could make a .308 conversion, you'd sell a LOT more of them. I'm hammering 7.62 in my 1919a4 for like $0.40/round. :P

I am using a 218gr bullet pushed by a salvaged powder from the old ammo marstar used to sell, 7.92x63. to tell you how many grains I am using would not help much as I don't even know what type of powder it is. my gun is a true mg34 not the remakes done by tnw. my gun was made in 1945 and shoots very nice at 100yds.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast