Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 update

stupid question on my part, does this affect the CSA VZ rifles too? Or just the CZ rifles. I was under the impression that they were different companies.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Williams View Post
    It looks like the game is over now. No importer in their right mind would attempt fresh imports of CZ 858 or CSA type rifles at this stage. This is only the beginning.
    We don't even know why the CZ import was refused. Would you stfu...

Once the paperwork is public it will be easier to speculate. Right now you're just speaking out of your ass.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer HeadDamage's Avatar
    Remember remember early December
    Coalition, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why coalition, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

Quote Originally Posted by wjcbsr View Post
    Now that's just typically Canadian. Lay back and take it up the arse Wolverine. Don't you have a good lawyer on retainer? Why wouldn't you fight this seizure instead of just rolling over? God knows you have plenty of our money from past CZ858 sales...
    You have no idea what you are talking about! After 8 months and approx $500,000.00 I made the business decision to stop importing the CZ 858 because the importation was blocked by CBSA. Appeal? Appeal what? CBSA told me I could import my last two shipments but only with an import Cert for them as prohibited firearms, that would force me to say they were prohibit. or I could apply to re-export. Normally I would have 90 days to proceed but after CBSA had dragged their feet for over 5 months they cut my time down to 45 days and I was advised if the shipments were still in Canada they would be destroyed and I would be liable to pay the cost of destruction. CBSA have not reclassified the CZ 858!

This is hardly laying back and taking it! I have received veiled threats of facing criminal charges, that would close me down. I work hard and play hard, I enjoy a good life style and at my age I have earned that the hard way. The thought of having my business closed down which would in effect destroy my life was not a pleasant one, I enjoy hunting in the African bush not rotting in a cell!!!

As long as the pathetic Canadian gun owners continue to put up with this shid the feds will keep seizing more and more gunz.
    The best advice I can give you is to become political active now, don't wait.

Keep telling yourself that. Do you think John will give you a free gun?
    Your ignorance is starting to irritate me, you are going after the wrong person.

Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    Yes. But I doubt you'll find one.
    Maybe I should panic sell?
    The path of least resistance is what makes men and rivers crooked

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Your ignorance is starting to irritate me, you are going after the wrong person.
    John don't even dignify his trolling with a response!
    OP'd by jbrow397:
    We held court on the Internet and as usual, all parties are held in contempt.

Quote Originally Posted by ridgearms View Post
    John,

If you can only file an appeal with a rifle in the country why not import just one and see if it happens again. That way you can challenge them and you don't have a lot of money into it.
    I have already considered that, I could do that. I could import with the purpose of sending it to the RCMP for examination and classification, the RCMP would be working for me so I would have the report. This would take 6 months to a year. I also have to balance this action against the best interests of the 8,000 owners in Canada, to me this is more that a question of making a quick buck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Williams View Post
    He can not challenge them without risking getting everything else worth having prohibited. In my view it's a risk worth taking, because if they get away with this they will just move on to the next evil looking rifle, and on and on till we are left with nothing but Fudd guns.

Sometimes it takes balls to do the right thing.
    From where I sit it is not so much a question of balls, which I am not lacking!, but much more a question of doing what is best for the whole firearms community.