Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 414161718192021222324

Thread: CZ 858 update

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Joe-Man View Post
    So, to summarize. The RCMP didn't want any more CZ858s entering the country but didn't want the headache of reclassifying 8000+ existing CZ858s already in the country. This would draw too much negative publicity and be impossible to do. Instead they arbitrarily classified these shipments as prohibited, since it is easier to deal with one angry importer than it is to deal with 8000+ angry gun owners. They did this by "testing" these guns in their labs, which are not accountable to anybody. The findings cannot be appealed and were not shared. Mr. Wolverine does not want to force the RCMP's hand by pressing the issue as it could result in the reclassification of all CZ858s in Canada so is quite admirably taking one for the team.

Also, there is a CZ958 in pre-production which will probably be pretty rad. I will buy two of them.

Sound about right?
    My thoughts exactly. Also, this way, they don't have to explain how people presently employed to do the same job, could have missed things the first time around.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Like it's been said before...

Where in the gooby goober are the NFA and CSSA? We need them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Joe-Man View Post
    So, to summarize. The RCMP didn't want any more CZ858s entering the country but didn't want the headache of reclassifying 8000+ existing CZ858s already in the country. This would draw too much negative publicity and be impossible to do. Instead they arbitrarily classified these shipments as prohibited, since it is easier to deal with one angry importer than it is to deal with 8000+ angry gun owners. They did this by "testing" these guns in their labs, which are not accountable to anybody. The findings cannot be appealed and were not shared. Mr. Wolverine does not want to force the RCMP's hand by pressing the issue as it could result in the reclassification of all CZ858s in Canada so is quite admirably taking one for the team.

Also, there is a CZ958 in pre-production which will probably be pretty rad. I will buy two of them.

Sound about right?
    Thanks Joe-Man, as Pat just said "a smart cookie who hit the nail on the head" Please send me an e-mail and I will see you get the first CZ 958 (Dam that typo again!) if you would like her. On this happy note it is time to lock the thread, thank you all for your comments and support.