Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 update

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Well, unless we have proof otherwise, we can only assume that the three samples sent in, were indeed prohib. Luckily, I very recently sold my cz-858 tac2 to Mike, in Canmore. Great guy, said he had bought hundreds of them, maybe all of them.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 5440fight View Post
    Well, unless we have proof otherwise, we can only assume that the three samples sent in, were indeed prohib. Luckily, I very recently sold my cz-858 tac2 to Mike, in Canmore. Great guy, said he had bought hundreds of them, maybe all of them.
    I sold mine to him to!

John, can you just say this loud and clear one more time?

I heard that Mike was out fishing with a boat load of them just to keep him company and he got swamped and abandoned ship and they all sank to the bottom of the deepest part of the lake. Stupid Mike!

Three rifles, two orders, one police state, no appeal.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

I heard Mike moved to High River a couple of months ago. He was hit pretty hard by the flooding.

All joking aside, it is unbelievable what honest Canadian business people like John have to put up with in our country. It's like some third world country that needs a regime change!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kennymo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harbl_the_cat View Post
    Funny, I don't know how to read that without consideration that Wolverine was one of the major importers of these rifles, most people (I among them) don't know how to differentiate a CZ858 imported by Wolverine from any of the other importers.

If one of the major importers says they are no longer importing a rifle and the catalyst for it was the government making a fiat that samples in the last two lots they imported was prohibited, that sounds like there might be the potential for some bad mojo.
    Speculation will not help anything here, but I have to guess that they were perhaps using some recycled receivers rather than new, which would make for a converted auto rather than a non restricted semi, no?
    Wolverine likely lost a pile of money on this deal, what with return shipping, many months of unnecessary storage, interest on loans, yadda yadda yadda.... Since it happened not once but twice and the issue would appear to be on the manufacturer's end I cannot blame Wolverine for not wanting to try and bring in any more of these for the time being. Any future shipments of this rifle will undoubtably come under heavy scrutiny especially since the manufacturer now has several containers of prohibs with no place to go. Other importers will undoubtably be very leery of these guns for the time being as well, I doubt we'll be seeing them anytime soon.
    Best to wait for the written verdict before making conclusions here. (Even though I couldn't resist taking a guess...)

BANNED
    Jeeps you guys, wolverine is basically telling you that he got sent prohibs without saying those words. Nothing to see here.
    Now he's decided that selling 858's isn't worth the sh..tstorm he's had to deal with, not to mention the money. Sounds like he's just happy to of been 'able' to send them back.
    That's what I read into this.

I'm just glad he could send them back. What ever happened with the original type 97 order? Poor Canammo...