Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 update

So to put is simply,
    Importation of the cz858 rifle has been blocked until further notice, possibly forever.

However for the individual cz858 owner the FRT has not been pulled and cz858 owners can still enjoy their rifles and won't get in trouble for possessing a prohibited firearm.

Is this correct? If not please correct me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    This deserves a sternly worded letter. Who exactly should be included in the list of recipients? Being as how this is an importation issue, I'm not sure who presides over that particular kingdom.

Though, I suppose here there's a tremendous difference between the exact nature of why these shipments were rejected. Were they CZ858 rifles as we know them(the same as the nonrestricted rifles in the country already) and the verification lab stated they were prohibited, or were they some other rifle or a mistaken shipment of converted auto receivers, or even just a manufacturer error such as damaged or missing serial numbers. I'd imagine it's easy for the "Z" to look like a "7" and some monkey just googles "C7" and thinks they're select fire military rifles, though that's pure speculation on my part.

If you could clarify the exact reason, it would help for us to be able to raise a stink about it. If we band together we might get this changed, the same as the backdoor registry issue, if this does in fact turn out to be an attempt at a backdoor ban.

Or should I just copy the letter to everyone in Ottawa?
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

^^Wolverine is still waiting for their answer, they have no idea other than its "prohibited". That boils down to a lot of things, would be nice if they where more specific (not wolverine the RCMP lab). Im not overly worried about it (yet). Some one else will import them, and they will come back in to the country. When and who is the question Im curious about.
    His calcabo gentes.
    By these I will trample on the nations.
    "It is very easy to judge in leisure what people have had to do in haste...." Paul Harrell

Quote Originally Posted by Haakman View Post
    So to put is simply,
    Importation of the cz858 rifle has been blocked until further notice, possibly forever.

However for the individual cz858 owner the FRT has not been pulled and cz858 owners can still enjoy their rifles and won't get in trouble for possessing a prohibited firearm.

Is this correct? If not please correct me.
    In my opinion, I think you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    For five years I was a Director with the CSSA for ten years I was a Provincial President of the NFA so I have some inside experience with these organisations. My comments are not directed at any one personally but these organisation lack strong direction and leadership, there are always petty power struggles and back stabbing, there is no clear agenda! Yes I have to agree with you a gun toting Messiah would be very welcome right now.
    A gun toting Messiah you say? I may have discovered such a man after 10 minutes in photoshop.

In all seriousness, this is quite unfortunate for Wolverine. Hopefully this could be resolved somehow with the RCMP.
    Last edited by BobtheHuman; 09-05-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebot-7 View Post
    This deserves a sternly worded letter. Who exactly should be included in the list of recipients? Being as how this is an importation issue, I'm not sure who presides over that particular kingdom.

Though, I suppose here there's a tremendous difference between the exact nature of why these shipments were rejected. Were they CZ858 rifles as we know them(the same as the nonrestricted rifles in the country already) and the verification lab stated they were prohibited, or were they some other rifle or a mistaken shipment of converted auto receivers, or even just a manufacturer error such as damaged or missing serial numbers. I'd imagine it's easy for the "Z" to look like a "7" and some monkey just googles "C7" and thinks they're select fire military rifles, though that's pure speculation on my part.

If you could clarify the exact reason, it would help for us to be able to raise a stink about it. If we band together we might get this changed, the same as the backdoor registry issue, if this does in fact turn out to be an attempt at a backdoor ban.

Or should I just copy the letter to everyone in Ottawa?
    I have nothing concrete so I would advise you to get political active, get involved with the Conservative policy meetings and their annual convention.

Quote Originally Posted by rodngun View Post
    ^^Wolverine is still waiting for their answer, they have no idea other than its "prohibited". That boils down to a lot of things, would be nice if they where more specific (not wolverine the RCMP lab). Im not overly worried about it (yet). Some one else will import them, and they will come back in to the country. When and who is the question Im curious about.
    There will not be any more CZ 858 coming into Canada as Wolverine Supplies is the exclusive Canadian importer. We are already (have been for many months!) working on the new CZ 958 but no details at this time and it will be approx. a 12 months before they will be available for sale, we have a lot of hoops to jump through first.

well this is another major hit too all of us, I cant even think how much money you guys have lost over this ordeal.

This goes way beyond gunowner rights. Tyrannical powermongers have seized every lever of power in society and are hellbent
    on destroying ALL of our freedoms. Simply look around. All freedom-lovers have to be recruited to the cause, before it's
    too late. It's true that using "remedies" that the gov't controls is futile. Their only interest is total control and domination
    over the population.
    Natural rights MUST be restored.
    Read:
    "What, then, is legislation? It is an assumption by one man, or body of men, of absolute, irresponsible dominion over all other men whom they call subject to their power. It is the assumption by one man, or body of men, of a right to subject all other men to their will and their service. It is the assumption by one man, or body of men, of a right to abolish outright all the natural rights, all the natural liberty of all other men; to make all other men their slaves; to arbitrarily dictate to all other men what they may, and may not, do; what they may, and may not, have; what they may, and may not, be. It is, in short, the assumption of a right to banish the principle of human rights, the principle of justice itself, from off the earth, and set up their own personal will, pleasure, and interest in its place. All this, and nothing less, is involved in the very idea that there can be any such thing as human legislation that is obligatory upon those upon whom it is imposed. "
    -Lysander Spooner

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    and it continues.

call your MPs guys
    Last edited by CanAm; 09-05-2013 at 12:18 PM.