Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 update

For those so inclined, here's how to find your MP...I would also suggest making your thoughts known to the local riding associations. Your MP office can help steer you in the right direction.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compi...ostalCode.aspx

Hi John,

We'd sure appreciate you being a bit more forthcoming with the info you possess with respect to the various FRT #s.

Thank-you, John.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ_Brno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I am not prepared to comment on the FRT as I have seen to many errors. I believe a gun is what it is not what the FRT or registration may claim. I never examined the firearms in my last two shipments, I believed there had been no change from previous shipments but some people thought otherwise. I was never consulted just treated like a criminal and placed under investigation.
    CZ is the one's that sent you the shipment. Wouldn't they know if they were sending you something that was different then the previous shipments that were allowed through? You wouldn't think CZ would be stupid enough to jeopardize sales to this Country. Or would they?
    Brno Arms had and still has reputation for extremely talented designers, engineers, their DESIGN - WAY AHEAD OF OTHERS, WAY AHEAD OF TIME, UNCOMPROMIZING QUALITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OLD WORLD CRAFTSMANSHIP and long LASTING BEAUTY ~Brnomann

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDaLips View Post
    Maybe I missed something but is this possibly the fault of CZ for sending you the wrong shipment? And if so can you not go after them for compensation?
    That's not really a good way to go about business with a supplier if you want to maintain future relations. This is a very complicated issue and we don't have all the facts. I trust that John knows what he's doing.

We can all speculate, but we have very few facts to go on. Vic Towes then Minister for Public Safety, in a letter dated 9th July states “ that shipments of firearms for Wolverine Supplies were targeted and referred for examination via the Tactical Information Targeting Analysis and Notification System (TITAN). The two shipments contained the same type and model of firearm, the CZ-858.”

Subsequently the RCMP reclassified them as prohibited weapons.

My personal interruption is that from that point forward all new imports of CZ-858 rifles would be treated as prohibits, I have not been told why the RCMP came to this conclusion. I know of no changes to the manufacture. I was caught completely by surprise and believed for several months that after correct examination my goods would be released. I do know that recent imports of firearms especially new models are coming under much closer scrutiny.

I had never heard of TITAN until reading that letter. Why were my shipments “targeted” ? Had someone lodged a complaint? A competitor? An anti gun group? A Police Dept? A Politician? We will probably never know for sure.

As far as changes to the FRT go I have no information. I can tell you that the CZ-858 Tactical 2 was the original designation given to these rifles as fitted with a non-restricted 18.7 inch barrel.. Later we imported 16.1inch restricted models which were know as 4. The P or V referred to fixed or folding stocks, which of course could be changed after manufacture.

I have no grounds for compensation against CZ besides which we are working with them on a new rifle, the CZ-958
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 09-05-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Typo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    CZ 958, huh!!!!!!
    Damn John, I hope the future is bright for this new rifle.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ_Brno's Avatar
    TITAN? A secretive modern day gestapo type organization that whatever they say goes and they don't have to explain themselves?

Who says that we aren't in a police state?
    Brno Arms had and still has reputation for extremely talented designers, engineers, their DESIGN - WAY AHEAD OF OTHERS, WAY AHEAD OF TIME, UNCOMPROMIZING QUALITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OLD WORLD CRAFTSMANSHIP and long LASTING BEAUTY ~Brnomann

The political b.s. continues to steam.

My 2 cents......
    Last edited by stvjeep; 09-05-2013 at 07:16 PM. Reason: too much ranting..... lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CZ_Brno View Post
    TITAN? A secretive modern day gestapo type organization that whatever they say goes and they don't have to explain themselves?

Who says that we aren't in a police state?
    http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-ag...ource-eng.html

TARGETING

The Targeting Program identifies people and goods bound for Canada that may pose a threat to the security and safety of the country. The CBSA uses a number of automated advance information sources from carriers and importers to identify people, goods and conveyances that may pose a threat to Canada. Advance Passenger Information and Advance Commercial Information provide the CBSA with electronic pre-arrival information on people and goods that can be used to perform risk assessments in advance of their arrival in Canada. Known threats are identified when there is a match against an enforcement database entry. People and goods that are identified as posing a threat to Canada are referred for verification and examination upon their arrival at a port of entry.

Joint In Transit Targeting Initiative (JTI)
    Description: Describes records related to the Joint In Transit Targeting Initiative. May include records related to the establishment or use of electronic systems used to administer or manage the program including the Administrative Monetary Penalty System (AMPS), Data feed and Tactical Information Targeting Analysis and Notification System (TITAN), and all interfaced systems.
    Document Types: AMS data feed and Tactical Information Targeting Analysis and Notification System (TITAN), system description and test packages, Memos, evaluation reports, documentation from commercial carriers, compliance reviews, and Memoranda of Understanding.

Guys, please, put away the tin-foil.

TITAN {Tactical Information Targeting Analysis and Notification System } is a CBSA {Canada Border Services Agency} program.

The Targeting Program identifies people and goods bound for Canada that may pose a threat to the security and safety of the country. The CBSA uses a number of automated advance information sources from carriers and importers to identify people, goods and conveyances that may pose a threat to Canada. Advance Passenger Information and Advance Commercial Information provide the CBSA with electronic pre-arrival information on people and goods that can be used to perform risk assessments in advance of their arrival in Canada. Known threats are identified when there is a match against an enforcement database entry. People and goods that are identified as posing a threat to Canada are referred for verification and examination upon their arrival at a port of entry.

Firearms raise flags, they get closely scrutinized...

What should be of concern to us -and the ONLY thing that should be of concern- is WHY THESE (2) SHIPMENTS WERE REFUSED ENTRY.

WHAT was different about these rifles?

The RCMP/CFC *does* have the entire Vz. 58 family of firearms in its sights - that much is known for certain. But they still must have a legitimate reason for declaring previously non-restricted arms prohibited.