Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2121415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 update

Sorry, Rick911 -- your comment wasn't there when I began adding mine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jd1965 View Post
    Sorry, Rick911 -- your comment wasn't there when I began adding mine.
    You are forgiven my friend. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
    Hi John,

Sorry in advance for what may be a stupid question, but popped into the FRT this morning and noted this;

So, I found a used N/R CZ 858 clearly stamped "858 TACTICAL 2 P"

ACCORDING TO THIS SCREEN SHOT OF THE FRT, are we to safely assume then that this particular 858 is now, or soon will be, deemed a prohib?

Quote Originally Posted by jd1965 View Post
    So, I found a used N/R CZ 858 clearly stamped "858 TACTICAL 2 P"

ACCORDING TO THIS SCREEN SHOT OF THE FRT, are we to safely assume then that this particular 858 is now, or soon will be, deemed a prohib?
    I would assume nothing! The FRT is not law it is a Referance Table, I place little value on it. We all need to take few deep breaths, step back and stp speculating .

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Last I read was the CSA manufactured rifles werent to be re classed but your statement says 10 000+ differwnt manu versions aswell.
    So technically ALL version could be on the chopping block now.
    FACK!!!!
    Actually, the higher number of rifles in general circulation the better for us since the level of noise from gun owners and political fall-out would be very uninviting to the government. See, if they were all(858's, VZ's) declared prohibs, the RCMP would literally over night create criminals out of tens of thousands of law abiding gun owners. Now, mounties would certainly be arrogant to do it but politicians are merely looking for votes and stay re-elected. To them it would be very unattractive to make enemies out of so many people for absolutely no reason.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Corps View Post
    The Liberal party will want to prohibit it. . It has an assault grip.
    Wow, are these kind of attacks ever wearing a bit thin now that more confiscations and re-classifications than ever are happening under Generalissimo Harper...

But the CPC still has your vote, come h*ll or High Water, eh?

And yes, they know it....

When will it sink in that an authoritarian, unilaterally acting, parliament-ignoring, RIGHT WING gov't is NOT a friend to an armed populace....when has it even been??

Quote Originally Posted by baD mR fRosTy View Post
    Wow, are these kind of attacks ever wearing a bit thin now that more confiscations and re-classifications than ever are happening under Generalissimo Harper...

But the CPC still has your vote, come h*ll or High Water, eh?

And yes, they know it....

When will it sink in that an authoritarian, unilaterally acting, parliament-ignoring, RIGHT WING gov't is NOT a friend to an armed populace....when has it even been??
    I wonder if the liberal party has ever done anything to validate his humour... could that be?
    1Ti 5:8 But if any provide not for his own (including protection), and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel (liberal).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Lol. I will vote for any party that best represents my interests, my feelings, and the best interests of my country. Who cares what they call the party.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleb314 View Post
    X2 i to would very much like to tell my mp and have no clue how
    x3, i would also

The gun lobbie is fragmented, in fact it's hardly a lobby. We are not strong enough (as we currently exist) to win an election for any party. The best we can do would be to cause the defeat of a party, but that amounts to falling on your own sword, and having the other guy take you down with him! To bring in a third party does not work, we tried that with the reform party and that just allowed the Liberals to walk in and win with a bunch of clowns running as MP,s. In my opinion the best course is to influence your local conservative party at a grass roots level, get active, get involved.