Thread: Schultz & Larsen M/69 target Rifles in 6.5x55

Contributing Dealer aacollectible's Avatar

Schultz & Larsen M/69 target Rifles in 6.5x55

M/69 Schultz & Larsen rifles were made on behalf of the Danish Ministry of Interior, which since 1865 supported the so-called "rifle clubs" which was established after the defeat of Prussia in 1864. To maintain and develop the marksman skills of the Danish ex-soldiers. The ministry held a number of German Mauser 98K´s after world war 2, and they converted a number of them to Match rifles. and changed the caliber into 6,5x55 as the Danish Army used this caliber some years after the war. Early conversions featured German 98 stocks, but shorted. Later a heavier Italian stock was used.

Very good condition examples prices at only $495.00 each

http://www.tradeexcanada.com/produits/109

Very nice rifles. Nice to see them in this good condition. Some history behind them also. I wonder how my VISA is doing?
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Looks interesting, I can't wait to get it.
    Kristian

How do those rifles compare to Swedish CG63 rifles?

I know a bit about CG's but know nothing about Danish counterpart.Caliber and price is the same so I don't know...

I could use good target rifle to shoot NOE 145Gr casts

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    I'm probably late to the party here, but is there any chance of a batch of Finnish M28/76 target rifles coming to Canada?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Or some Norwegian Kongsberg M67's? That would be pretty sweet. I definately want one to go with my Schultz and Larsens.
    Kristian

Quote Originally Posted by donor View Post
    How do those rifles compare to Swedish CG63 rifles?

I know a bit about CG's but know nothing about Danish counterpart.Caliber and price is the same so I don't know...

I could use good target rifle to shoot NOE 145Gr casts
    Was wondering the same thing. We've already got a nice CG63 from Tradeex, but I'm sure I could find room for one of these.

There are quite a few of what seem to be M52's in there as well.

This is a M98 action with a heavy barrel chambered in 6.5X55 - good as is, and lots of potential for rechambering or rebarrelling.
    Andy

Since 1958

I have a M52 rifle in 6.5 X 55 that I bought from Century Arms in Montreal about 25 years ago.

When I received it, my first inspection revealed that the rifle had seen a lot use and the barrel was worn.

However first trip to the range revealed that in spite of the barrel wear the rifle was still very accurate and could shoot some pretty good groups.

My first experience with Schultz & Larsen was a good one and I still own that rifle today.

Cheers,

B

This is my second purchase from trade ex. I bought a 7x57 1912 mauser, with the action in the white, and made at Styer, in austria, I thought that would make a nice re barrel project, but it is too beautiful to alter, and it shoots vey well, albeit a bit long to carry hunting. So now I bought an M69, it has lots of potential, like Andy says, I own a 6.5x55 AI reamer, but if it shoots like it should, I bet it just stays like it came to me. Someone later can improve it. BTW, with the long barrel on the 7x57 I get about 2650 fps with moly coated 175 gr speer mag tips. The first time I tried it I shot a 2-3/4 inch group off hand at 100 yards, with the mauser military sights. I am going to tip over a moose with it some day, and I may do the same with the M69 with the target sights. I have lots of rifles, just none to sell...