Thread: AR15 heavy Buffers

AR15 heavy Buffers

We will be offering AR15 Carbine heavy buffers very soon.
    As with all of our products we have been doing months and months of testing and feel we are ready to bring these to market.
    we are just waiting on a shipment of carbide then we will finish the first production batch and get them out to our dealers
    Specs
    CNC machined 6061 T6 heat treated
    Mil spec Hard anodized finish
    100% made in Canada

AR15 carbine buffer weight is a fundamental part of thecycling operation of any AR15 carbine.

In general terms, the shorter the barrel the heaver thebuffer that is used.
    But with many people doing custom builds, as well as barrel gasports having a wide range it is common for guns to be over gassed or undergassed.
    Another issue is if you are shooting standard load 223 Remingtonor full NATO load .556x45 ammo.
    We are offering 3 weights
    3.0 .Oz
    4.0 .Oz
    5.0 .Oz

Those look nice bbb.

What difference doest it really makes if not firring full auto, from what I have learned, the buffer in semi mode only serves as a return spring for the bolt.
    no cycling or timming issues are really causes by the weight of the buffer.
    if i am wrong, pls correct me with propper info.

One thing I know for sure if my 11.5" was brutal with a car buffer, and it's smooth with a H2...

So these aren't exactly H, H2 and H3 right? Can someone in the know post the weight of topical to compare there to? Variety is good for buffer I think. Good work!
    :ᚹᛁᚾᛞᚱ:ᛗᚨᚱᚲ:ᛖᛚᛞᚱ:ᚠᛖᛚ:

Quote Originally Posted by batwing View Post
    What difference doest it really makes if not firring full auto, from what I have learned, the buffer in semi mode only serves as a return spring for the bolt.
    no cycling or timming issues are really causes by the weight of the buffer.
    if i am wrong, pls correct me with propper info.
    If the gas system is to fast, the energy (gas) will reach the carrier before the fired case has a chance to shrink back off of the chamber walls, this causes gas energy to be used up pulling on a case that will not move, by the time the case shrinks to where it can be pulled not enough gas energy remains to cycle the action the full length of travel (short stroking) in mild cases it will eject cases but not go back far enough to lock open on an empty mag more extreme would be not feeding another round, not ejecting spent brass and finally with a hot load extractor tearing off a chunk of rim off the case.

Increasing buffer wheight will increase lock time and give the case a chance to shrink back from the firing and will then be extracted as it should be.

Other fixes for this condition would be sizing gas port or a longer (pig tail) gas tube.
    Easiest is of course adjusting buffer weight.
    Truth, Freedom and Justice for All.

Hope these are competitively priced like other S&J offerings, if so make lots of them the market is starving for these.
    Incidentally I could use a few h2 & h3 myself.
    Truth, Freedom and Justice for All.

Quote Originally Posted by AOWM View Post
    Hope these are competitively priced like other S&J offerings, if so make lots of them the market is starving for these.
    Incidentally I could use a few h2 & h3 myself.
    We will have Big push this ear on ar15 parts so this will be a go at some point this year