Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible new gun!!

Cool Possible new gun!!

There is a very good chance i will be buying a Chinese Military SKS 'Type 56' Semi-Auto Rifle from Marstar very soon! Any thoughts on the gun?

BANNED
    It's a Chinese gun ...

You feed it ammo, it goes bang and if the operator does their job the target is hit. A decent cheap plinker , don't add $400 in TAPCO garbage and don't expect sub MOA accuracy and you won't be disappointed.

Buy it, they are a pretty decent place to start for around 200 bucks. Pretty reliable fun and cheap to shoot just make sure to clean it properly if you load up on corrosive ammo (assume everything surplus and cheap is corrosive if you are unsure. ) Clean it well, get to know your rifle and how it works and you won't be disappointed .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer HeadDamage's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with the Chinese military SKS, it's the commercial production models that should be avoided.
    Remember remember early December
    Coalition, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why coalition, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

CGN frequent flyer
    That was my first gun too. Read up on cleaning cosmoline and don't listen to anyone bashing you for upgrading YOUR gun to suit YOUR style. I learned a ton of inexpensive lessons with my first, cheap SKS. My buddy still hunts with it a few times a year and has taken 3 deer with it. Not bad for $200

i have the Russian sks just love it i would think Chinese sks could be better yet

CGN Ultra frequent flyer handofzeus's Avatar
    Go Russian.
    Canada ended when Trudeau began.

GunNutz
    I have both russian and Chinese. They both shoot the same and the are both reliable. The fit and finish of the russian ones are a bit better but you generally pay a little more for it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Chinese SKS is a good gun, I actually prefer it to my Russian one (it feels better to me). I would recommend the ammo deal that goes with it, 360$ for a rifle and 1440 rds of ammo can't be beat. Cleaning the corrosive ammo isn't difficult just run the parts under hot water. Like others have said don't expect extreme accuracy, its designed to hit a man sized target reasonably well within 300M. You may want to get stripper clips with the gun though (makes loading a lot quicker). Other than that have fun. A point to be made is if you buy the extra aftermarket stocks and such don't expect any return out of them, they won't make much difference but if you do remember to keep the original parts as well.
    Have fun

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast