Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Norinco QBU-88

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Lover View Post
    Yep, there is just something wrong in paying Barrett prices for a Norinco gun.
    Correct me if I'm wrong guys but I think Norinco don't make any rifles, they buy them from different companies and put their name on it.
    Its like CIL back in the days...

Take for example the *Norinco* NS 522... Its not a Norinco, its a NS-firearms and the model is a 522 and its imported by Norinco.

So quality vary form one model to another.

I never had a chance to try the Type-88 but IMO $3000 for a complete + rare semi-automatic medium range, bullpup sniper rifle with matching optic sounds pretty fair to me.
    Last edited by ben777lemay; 12-01-2014 at 03:50 PM.

Focus on an MSBS perhaps ? Fingers crossed

Metro Vancouver - if you use EE at least leave your province here!
    Quote Originally Posted by ben777lemay View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong guys but I think Norinco don't make any rifles, they buy them from different companies and put their name on it.
    Its like CIL back in the days...

Take for example the *Norinco* NS 522... Its not a Norinco, its a NS-firearms and the model is a 522 and its imported by Norinco.

So quality vary form one model to another.

I never had a chance to try the Type-88 but IMO $3000 for a complete + rare semi-automatic medium range, bullpup sniper rifle with matching optic sounds pretty fair to me.
    I have tried one of those long time ago. The one I shot was OK with army bulk rounds, but in general they are not China's best and I certainly wouldnt pay 3000$ for one. In fact, with a bit exaggeration, its been known as the "Type-88 shotgun" among some local military personnel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leosnipes View Post
    In fact, with a bit exaggeration, its been known as the "Type-88 shotgun" among some local military personnel.
    lolll really ? Like I said I never tried/handled one so I don't know how it shoot and how it looks in person. Worth the 3K$ only if its not cheap and the rifle must be accurate as well, not like a shotgun

But cheap ammo usually means poor accuracy in all of my precision rifles !

North sylva is bringing these in again

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_250r View Post
    North sylva is bringing these in again
    I don't believe so. Talked with George a few months back and it doesn't appear anything is materializing.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by leosnipes View Post
    I have tried one of those long time ago. The one I shot was OK with army bulk rounds, but in general they are not China's best and I certainly wouldnt pay 3000$ for one. In fact, with a bit exaggeration, its been known as the "Type-88 shotgun" among some local military personnel.
    This was anti-Chinese government propaganda put out by a Western-backed magazine in the late 90's (or early 2000's, can't remember). No, they're plenty accurate! The only problem is the round doesn't have enough "oomph" (5.8mm and 5.56mm are very similar) in many situations -- hence why some larger calibers have been introduced over the last decade (with some new bolt action rifles).

Metro Vancouver - if you use EE at least leave your province here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bracketman View Post
    This was anti-Chinese government propaganda put out by a Western-backed magazine in the late 90's (or early 2000's, can't remember). No, they're plenty accurate! The only problem is the round doesn't have enough "oomph" (5.8mm and 5.56mm are very similar) in many situations -- hence why some larger calibers have been introduced over the last decade (with some new bolt action rifles).
    True, though the 88 is not a best example, China made many fine firearms, though sometimes not all *original*, LOL. It is one of the biggest firearm exporting countries not only because they sell them cheap!

Too bad so expensive. This is one of my favorite DMR's in Battlefield 4. I'm sure guns would sell a lot more with less ridiculous prices. Might even be more profitable.
    I reserve the right to reserve my rights.

I wonder where is this "shotgun" remark came from. I am very happy with mine. I bought it at half price as an estate sale from deceased member, without scope. Of course it took me some time and legwork to get rail adapter machined, but what I have now is excellent rifle. Semi-auto with accuracy of a decent bolt gun. With cheap scope (NCstar) and factory ammo, from sand bags with no rear support it shoots just a hair over MOA. Holes are touching at 100 yards, this is pretty darn good accuracy. Light, short and very ergonomic.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast