Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NEW TNW MG42! Any Plans to Import!?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 223762 View Post
    TNW does. sometimes they will even put NS direct phone number so we can contact them for TNW products (its how i got on the M37 waiting list)
    Dirty buggers is all I can say. I hate promises being made and then waiting with possibility of disappointment. Why can't they just get the product in Canada, ready to sell with FRT approval before getting people hopes up and having them she'll out the cash for a deposit.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert_Fox View Post
    Just found out today at the new TNW website that they have a Semi Auto ONLY MG42 for sale now (For Canadian Export!)

Any chance you guys might be importing these in?
    I hope so. A made for Canada Export. It is ONLY $3,995.

Watch these get pre-sold to all the dealers in Canada again like the m37's and .50 m3/m2's and all get sold to customers with deposites and NO FRT number or in the case of the latest batch of M2HB's the guns werent even assembled yet, who knows if they even are yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post
    Dirty buggers is all I can say. I hate promises being made and then waiting with possibility of disappointment. Why can't they just get the product in Canada, ready to sell with FRT approval before getting people hopes up and having them she'll out the cash for a deposit.
    i think its a way to hype up the market and boost sales on the demand. you must admit TNW's add is very misleading if you cant buy them in canada.
    Si vis pacem para bellum. "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Their M37 add was worded was quite similar..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Might be a long wait which is fine for me. I have the mount which I found at a gun show. It's post WWII but still at least it came with the optic and battery case etc for the illuminated reticle. Anyone know what they are worth?

Oh and I'm all about historical accuracy!!!

Last edited by Epoxy7; 09-13-2013 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    Might be a long wait which is fine for me. I have the mount which I found at a gun show. It's post WWII but still at least it came with the optic and battery case etc for the illuminated reticle. Anyone know what they are worth?

Oh and I'm all about historical accuracy!!!

I had one of those Post WW2 Bundesheer/Bundeswehr MG1/3 HK Lafette Tripods as well. I had the adapter for the MG34 too, it was OK... But I found it a pain to sit on the ground to shoot it... Especially in spring and winter! So I traded it off... Now I have the MG3 AA Tripod with an MG42 and MG34 adapter! One can lower it so as to be almost on the ground shooting it, or as I prefer, standing up!

The MG1/3 Lafette Tripods with optics are anywhere between $300-$600 IMO.

PS: I believe Cookie Monster was an Obersturmbannführer in the SS Wiking Division...
    “Christianity preaches the infinite worth of that which is seemingly worthless and the infinite worthlessness of that which is seemingly so valued.”
    ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

CGN Regular
    I've sold 2 lafettes, one without the 34 adapter for $800 and one with the adapter for $1100. I've still got one with the 34 adapter and have never used it, prefer standing with the AA for shooting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Cool. I bought mine a couple years ago. I bought it mostly for display. I'd rather shoot using bags on the bench or the bipod when prone. The tripod would be for setting up from a fortified defensive position. I don't generally shoot from behind sandbags or from a pill box. Still it's a cool piece of equipment all on it's own.

I planned on using it for a MG34 but... if MG42 hits the market that would be perfect!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Cool
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast