Thread: Strange Services

BANNED

Strange Services

I contact the gunsmith services of Ellwood epps First August to know if they have many gunsmith job or if they have a empty to make my rifle .
    They Answer empty for now , i demande how many time that will take to do all what i have to do on ,
    Answer is 4 to 6 weeks . Ok i shipped my rifle with my match grade barrel to be install and fit , send a box of ammo to test fire . they told me they have reamer for this caliber , and i tell to the gunsmith services if you can not do it before the september 25 i will not shipped it to you because is my hunting rifle , my hunting trip is 25 september , 2013 .

they answer me , yes your's rifle will be ready for that date .

but they receive the rifle august 8 , today end of the 6 week i not receive any answer any news from ellwood epps . i send email to know where they are and nothing .

I always have great services with Ellwoods Epps , except now nothing on what happen . do they close ? what happen
    Maybe they are too busy to answer , but my hunting season is close , and without rifle , i send mail demanded if i have to buy another rifle for hunting or if is right and i will have my rifle before . ..... but again nothing

BANNED
    Why not give them a call?

Waiting around for email responses is obviously not working for you.

I drove past a few days ago; everything seems well with the shop. Quite a few cars in the lot so many they're busy?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    give them a call. currently the shop is running 8-12 weeks on shop time (other than cleaning and sight in which is about 2 weeks) should be able to figure something out with whoever you talk to as to if your gun has been started or is being worked on.

BANNED
    many call but they can not answer my question about my rifle , they not know what happen with , they receive it and work on , but not know what happen with .... can not tell me why is not finish , or why is not send . they have nothing on my rifle . they are unable to give me answer on .

I send the rifle because they tell me , no work for now we have time to do your's rifle first . 4 to 6 week turnaround time .

Nothing , one from ellwood epps tell me to make a report at RCMP like my rifle as stolen or lost by They ............
    another one tell me to call monday next week , and talk to manager to be refund of my entire rifle , barrel , a ammo .
    the rifle is a 1500$ rifle , barrel 1000$ match barrel , ammo is 180$ 20 rdns box

Quote Originally Posted by venom725 View Post
    many call but they can not answer my question about my rifle , they not know what happen with , they receive it and work on , but not know what happen with .... can not tell me why is not finish , or why is not send . they have nothing on my rifle . they are unable to give me answer on .

I send the rifle because they tell me , no work for now we have time to do your's rifle first . 4 to 6 week turnaround time .

Nothing , one from ellwood epps tell me to make a report at RCMP like my rifle as stolen or lost by They ............
    another one tell me to call monday next week , and talk to manager to be refund of my entire rifle , barrel , a ammo .
    the rifle is a 1500$ rifle , barrel 1000$ match barrel , ammo is 180$ 20 rdns box
    You have already discussed this matter on a separate thread, sir. There is no need to have two threads running on this situation.

Your account here is entirely inaccurate. You have contacted our store both by E-mail and by telephone, as well as posting here on these forums, yet we have provided details for your rifle which you seem to have chosen to overlook for the purpose of condemning our store on a public message board.

The facts are thus:

We do have your rifle in our shop. You have been informed of this.

The barrel has been mounted to the receiver. You have been informed of this.

The barrel has not been test fired, as we do not have appropriate ammunition for this calibre readily available at this time, as .45-100 is not a commercial loading for which we have ammunition selections available from our retail sales shelves. We are having a suitable batch of ammunition hand loaded for this rifle so that the barrel can be test fired as soon as we have that ammunition in-hand. You have also been informed of this situation.

Yes, there has been an unforseen and unfortunate delay in concluding this project, however we are working to correct this issue as swiftly as we can. You have also been informed of this status of this project.

Due to the high demand in our gunsmith shop, and due in no small part to a shortage of parts, accessories and components required to complete many of the projects which are currently underway, we have encountered unforeseen delays which have extended the turn-around times through our shop for many customer guns which are awaiting servicing.

I have asked our manager to contact you with regard to this project as soon as he is able. I did inform your brother, when he called our store on Friday evening, that our manager is out of the shop until Monday, but that I would pass along the notes on this project and ask him to investigate the matter further, and to discuss the details of this matter with you as soon as he is able.

At no time did we ever claim that we did not have your rifle.
    At no time did we ever claim that we did not know what had happened to your rifle.
    At no time did we ever claim that we had "no work for now", as our shop has been steadily busy for years, and is never short of projects to be completed. At the time you sent your rifle to our store, the turn-around timeframe for most new projects was running 4-6 weeks. Due to the circumstances noted above, however, that timeframe has been increased for not only your project, but for many others. We are working to complete all projects as swiftly as we are able, but with a shortage of staff as well as materials, those completion dates are longer than anticipated.

Again, we will have our manager contact you and discuss this matter further as soon as he is able.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
    Due to the current health situation, our store is closed to walk-in traffic. We are allowing pick-ups of pre-paid orders from our front door from 10.00 AM until 4.00 PM from Tuesdays through Sundays only.

Customers are advised to call ahead before attending our store to make certain their orders are ready for pick up.

Please ring the doorbell located there to summon our staff to assist you when you do arrive at our store.