Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Non-restricted registration

Quote Originally Posted by guess_kto View Post
    Who pays RCMP for registration? Quebec? Or RCMP is wasting the money from the budget?
    The Canadian taxpayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatorcrh View Post
    Quebec resident here, I just called this afternoon the CFP to ask if Quebec residents buying from outside retailers or individuals still have an OBLIGATION to register their non-restricted guns because the POSSIBILITY to do so does not make it and obligation. They transferred me to the Quebec CFO office.

Answer is: you can register on a voluntary basis which they strongly recommend because....no reason was given actually, but you are not obliged to and they say since they are no more laws or injunctions in place to sanction you if you don't, there is nothing a cop could do against it.

Of course cops not knowing their gun laws are plenty and the possibility they would go beyond what they legally can do exists, which is trouble even if you are cleared from any wrongdoing in the end.

In my opinion, the fact they still accept registrations is more politics than legal while the supreme court is pending.

Hope this clarifies, don't believe me? call them and post the answer here if its different, it would be interesting to see...
    Just what I was saying a the beginning, thank you :P

I sure hope Quebec doesnt get its own gun registry, that would be the beginning of the end for Quebec own gun control crazyness

Thought about this a lot lately and I think I'm going to move west. we are canadian after all

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Of course if you buy a gun within Quebec you have to register it before leaving the store. Ran into a old fellow recently that had 75 guns that he never registered period. he phoned the SQ even to find out what to do with them. He got no answer from anybody on what to do. So he sold them to another fellow.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allarile260 View Post
    classic marstar response
    WHAT'S WRONG WITH his RESPONCE. ?
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    WHAT'S WRONG WITH his RESPONCE. ?
    If you don't know what is wrong then you never worked customer service and no one can explain it to you on this thread.

No one speaks to a customer or a potential customer in such a way especially on a public forum except for Marstar. The only reason they get away with it is because they bring us the products we want at a good price and the service is excellent.

مسلم مؤمن

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwillmoore View Post
    If you don't know what is wrong then you never worked customer service and no one can explain it to you on this thread.

No one speaks to a customer or a potential customer in such a way especially on a public forum except for Marstar. The only reason they get away with it is because they bring us the products we want at a good price and the service is excellent.
    LOL
    You didn't' get it
    :D
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

John is like 80 years old....you are allowed to be short and to the point when you are that age
    On a side note, there is still an amnesty in place by the feds, for un-registered long guns....Quebec is useless and there is no need to register anything. Let them fund their own registry.
    It's getting a little bit Sunday around here.....

Now will all you so called experts in Quebec stop counseling others, especially newbies to do something that is not required?

PLEASE!?!
    Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
    Member: CSSA, CCFR

μολὼν λαβέ

I didn't say we had to, but they will still register long gun if you go thru the procedures. Why would you do that is beyond my understanding though, but you can still do it and it is mentionned when you call the CFO's office.

Another "quebec" thing that will make me happy to move. How's Ontario doing with firearms ? I always see it referred as "bantario"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast