Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Non-restricted registration

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired leader View Post
    Yes...I remember that being your story, but I digress......
    "My story"

No sir,fact.
    John

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Raton57 View Post
    Not really getting your point. Try going into a Quebec gun store and buying a gun with out registering it. I would put dollars on it that when anybody from Quebec has their PAL submitted to see if it is anygood that there is a record of it kept.
    Buy out of province.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired leader View Post
    Yes...I remember that being your story, but I digress......
    Whether we don't like, like or are working on it with respect to Mr Marstar, the fact remains that he was proven to be honest and law abiding in a court of law some years ago. This did a great service to the Canadian firearms community and is part of the reason the `gun Nazis' aren't beating down our doors in this day and age. Any time that individuals and/or firearms businesses repudiate the attempts by the dark side to disarm us gives us all a bit more breathing room from the liberal progressives who want government to control our very existence. We all need to stick together as a united front so we may retain our freedoms and individuality.

Join the CSSA and get your firearms legal defense insurance (no I don't work for them, but I bought their insurance and am sleeping very well, thank you).

Quote Originally Posted by MrMagoo View Post
    1. If you live in Quebec and purchase a non-restricted from outside of Quebec you are still required to register the gun. This is a Quebec requirement.

That's what we call around here BULL####.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

If you are able to read french or to translate this page http://www.lapresse.ca/le-soleil/sports/plein-air/201309/15/01-4689652-armes-de-chasse-au-quebec-enregistrement-illegal.php , this article explain to you that quebec gouvernement illigaly force gun seller to register firearm.

in quebec, a police officer cant arrest you if you dont have your gun registration, you only need to have your possession licence.

Quebec gouvernement is lying to us.
    Semi-auto addiction

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Problem is we have no idea what records are kept when it comes to buying a gun out of province. If a seller from another province submits out PAL to see if it is valid what's to say they don't record it and then down the road ask us what we bought from such in such person or store.Time will tell if we are going to have a legal registration or to say inforced registration and what records they will get from the CFC .

Hi guys,
    Here's another take on the question of registration of long guns in Quebec. I decided to take a look at the temporary injunction granted to Quebec. In addition to forbidding destruction of the Quebec portion of the long gun registry, it also suspends Article 11 of Bill C-19 (Ending the Long-gun Registry Act). Article 11 revises Section 23 of the Firearms Act covering registration of firearms. In short, the original text required registering long guns and the revised text does not. The old (and currently temporarily in force in Quebec) Section 23 of the Firearms requires the seller to inform the Registrar of a sale.
    It looks like the buyer has no obligation to inform the Registrar, and the Quebec injunction has no effect in other provinces. On the other hand, a local police officer I talked to is under the impression that Quebec residents must continue to register long guns.
    So my bottom line is (1) buy from anywhere but Quebec, and (2) be discreet until the final court decision, as your local police / game officer will probably be misinformed and may act improperly.
    Injunction: http://s3.documentcloud.org/document...rior-court.pdf
    Bill C-19: http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublicati...6066&File=33#3
    Section 23 of the Firearms Act: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a...0.html#wb-cont

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234