Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ruger BX50 mags sold out

I've seen BX-25 mags in a LGS in Edmonton as well. They sold out pretty quick.

I still see it being advertised by Ruger as Magazine for Ruger Charger Pistol.

Someone just have to try hard enough to ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    Looked at the Pic. Says BX-25 on the side, so it IS a BX-25. Doesn't matter if they glue two together and "Call" it a BX-50, clever play on words. But clearly it was manufactured using the same mold as the BX-25, otherwise it wouldn't say that on the side. Prohibited. Period. Having said that, even thought I do not own a 10/22 I will be buying some of these mags if I see them sold in a bricks and mortar store. Canadian Gun Owners need to stand up, if not now then when?
    Yes, Ruger actually references the mag as a BX25x2 on their website.

The ill fated BX25 is prohibited in 25 rd capacity, due to the fact its marketed as fitting the charger pistol, hence a 10 rd limit. The BX 50 is a completely different mag, marketed for the Rifle variants ONLY. This is basically 2 mags you are getting for the price.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

As far as I can tell it's only called a BX 50 north of the border. In the US it's named BX25X2. Very smart on Ruger's part to work around the 25 ruling. If it is indeed not prohib, me want.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Holy price

People keep saying the BX-25 is prohibited but I purchased 4 of them this week at Bass Pro in Calgary and they had more on the shelf when I left. The Canadian packaging does NOT mention anything about the Charger pistol and I'm pretty sure Bass Pro wouldn't be selling prohibited devices if that was the case.

Who would of thought that there are so many liberals on CGN?!

BX 50 NOT prohibited as it is marketed for rifles only. It would be no different than a 50 round drum magazine. No where on packaging does it reference the Charger (AFAIK). That was Rugers mistake a couple years ago, they listed the Charger on the package of the BX25 so the CFC ruled that its a prohibited item since it physically can fit into a restricted firearm (the Charger pistol) and exceeds the "10 round rule".

The real question is if the BX 50 will physically fit into a Charger pistol. If it does (which I doubt - dont own one but I suspect the configuration wont fit the pistol - maybe someone knows first hand if it does, and can correct my guess) it may become a prohibited item.

Maybe the BX25's that are out there now, that others have seen and purchased, without the Charger reference on the package have been "cleared for sale"? Not sure on that either...

I have heard the same thing as jordanmalmal that these mags work the best. I have ordered one, so maybe once I get it and try it, I may be a convert too. My experience with mags has not been great with my 10/22, the BC steel and plastic lips did not function well for me neither did one of the 2 HC3R mags I recently bought (1 works fine no issues other is awful).

The Charger is a short 10/22. Of course it will fit in it.