Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dominion Arms 16 Gauge

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    no, this was old stock and they stopped making them

Got mine delivered,,,, the fit was loose,, wasn't overly impressed with that, otherwise it's well worth the $99. Canada Ammo has givin me excellent service and shipping, I'm sure if I complained they'ed make it right..... But it isn't worth it, after all it's a $99 dollar gun and I'm happy with that,,, BTW several Canadian Tire Stores in Calgary said they haven't seen 16 gauge ammo in months,,,, but Wholesale Sports had lots and a descent selection....
    CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Canadian Edition
    Steyr M40-A1
    Ruger 10/45 Lite
    Glock 17

Quote Originally Posted by Terry135 View Post
    Got mine delivered,,,, the fit was loose,, wasn't overly impressed with that, otherwise it's well worth the $99. Canada Ammo has givin me excellent service and shipping, I'm sure if I complained they'ed make it right..... But it isn't worth it, after all it's a $99 dollar gun and I'm happy with that,,, BTW several Canadian Tire Stores in Calgary said they haven't seen 16 gauge ammo in months,,,, but Wholesale Sports had lots and a descent selection....
    I should get mine in the next day or so. I noticed Wholesale Sports seemed to have the best selection in stock. I think I will be ordering from them. It's not like I am going to be using this gun all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry135 View Post
    My first one with the bad barrel was also pretty loose, the replacement that just showed up today was a lot tighter, also the bluing is a lot better on the new one, I think the quality of these guns is all over the place, but for 99 bucks I'm pretty happy with mine.

BANNED
    is a full choke ? do the action same to be strong ?

Just got mine today. It was pretty tight and in pretty good shape. The blueing on the barrel is not the deepest. There was one small spot that had a bit of pitting. I took a file to that spot and blued over it. It's not bad enough to worry about. I will probably paint with Arma-Coat in the future. Worth $99. I picked up a couple of boxes of ammo at Lebaron's as I happened to be in the area. Not much selection though.

I just bought one. It fails to eject the shell after fired. The shell gets stuck in the chamber. I'm going to try to clean it with degreaser and get the cosmoline out of the moving parts. I got shells from Bass Pro.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    I got one this winter as a training piece for newbs and kids. After a few hours worth of handling the butt stock was as loose as a sheet billowing in the wind. An easy fix, but just something to be aware of. Also, the action release became a bit finicky and stiff, making it difficult to open the gun at times. Again, not a serious problem, just something to be aware of...otherwise, I can't complain...it's a $99 gun! And that's why I bought it for the reason I did.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    Quote Originally Posted by KimKong View Post
    I just bought one. It fails to eject the shell after fired. The shell gets stuck in the chamber. I'm going to try to clean it with degreaser and get the cosmoline out of the moving parts. I got shells from Bass Pro.
    Are you, perhaps, thinking the shells should eject?
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

CGN Regular
    Sad to see such poor quality control in one thread. Chase down an old cooey 840 and you'll be happier

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast