Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dominion Arms 16 Gauge

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rocket Surgery's Avatar
    It seems like you can get $11 boxes of target/upland lead shot in Federal red box at canadian tire and wholesale sports. There's also #4 and #2 steel shot available in Federal Speed shok, and you can get Remington slugs. It would be nice if someone brought in some #6 Fiocchi Golden Pheasant

I broke down and bought this shotgun a few months back when CanAm got in cases of 16 gauge ammo. They put a deal something along the lines of buy a case of ammo and get 50 bucks off any shotgun... so basically I got the gun for $50. I've gone through most of the shells now shooting trap so I've got my ear to the ground for a new good deal. I'll have to check out the local Canadian Tire, unless CanAm can get the line again on more 16 gauge shells in trap size

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rocket Surgery's Avatar
    What kind of ammo were you using and how did you find it patterning? I'm wondering if this gun uses the backpacker frame with just a different barrel.

The ammo I got was Fiocchi 16 gauge #7.5 shot. I never shot it at a patterning board or anything but found I shot "average" with the gun. I typically shoot 16-20 out of 25 on a trap round, with this gun I was averaging 14-18, so nearly the same. I did shoot one amazing round of 21/25.

I don't have a backpacker, nor have I held one but I assume they are the same minus the barrel size. Looking at pictures of the 2 they look nearly identical

what was wrong with barrel, did you ever get repaired

did you send old barrel back. if u still have would u consider selling

I should have more ammo in stock within the next few weeks.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    I was going to buy this shotgun a few months ago, but ended up getting a Maverick 88.

Personally I have no use for 16 or 28ga shotguns. Why spend more money for less? I can get 12 or 20ga ammo for nearly half the cost of the rarer gauges. If I wanted to pay way too much for shotgun ammo, I'd get a .410... I've gone through about 850 rounds through my Maverick, and with the cost of 16ga I probably could have bought another 12ga with what I saved on ammo.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Just got my backpacker in the mail. For a 100 dollar gun im pretty satisfied. Tightened all the screws down and put it together. Fit and finish is decent and i have no complaints for a cheap gun im impressed. Picked up some birdshot at italian sporting goods in vancouver. Asking them to bring in some federal slugs for me. Gonna shorten the barrel to 20" and add a sling and new front sight. Hollowed out the butt stock to fit a small cleaning kit and a couple exta shells

Those shotguns are made by Norinco for South American market, where 16 gauge is popular. They don't make them anymore. What you see the the last batch in the world.

Don't think any manufacturer makes 99$ new shotgun this days. Unless you DIY in your basement.
    Cheers,

Mr. Q
    Designer at CanadaAmmo.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast