Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1121232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Utas-15 road show

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Parts will be in the mail to you today to get her up and going again.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Question Grumpy....

Is this a recurring issue with these? it seems as though caper310 (who had the gun before me) saw the same problem. I know that the gun CBMS has right now is NOT the same gun I had since I shipped to a tester in ON, but since these UTS's have seen an tremendous amount of use, could this be the result of "hard" cycling after thousands of rounds?

It would be good to know. Not that it would discourage me at all from buying one, but more from a "which parts to have on hand" point of view. My Mossberg500 and Remington 870 have both needed parts replaced at one time or another and they weren't used nearly as much as these UTS so it's not a deal-breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndShotCanada View Post
    Question Grumpy....

Is this a recurring issue with these? it seems as though caper310 (who had the gun before me) saw the same problem. I know that the gun CBMS has right now is NOT the same gun I had since I shipped to a tester in ON, but since these UTS's have seen an tremendous amount of use, could this be the result of "hard" cycling after thousands of rounds?

It would be good to know. Not that it would discourage me at all from buying one, but more from a "which parts to have on hand" point of view. My Mossberg500 and Remington 870 have both needed parts replaced at one time or another and they weren't used nearly as much as these UTS so it's not a deal-breaker for me.
    This one I believe will make number 4 this has happened with. Round count does not appear to be the contributing factor.

Been awhile since any new posts from the testers, how's it going guys????

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Been awhile since any new posts from the testers, how's it going guys????
    It's going great! We ran it at the Galt Sportsmens Club for a 3-gun practice a few weeks back and it performed perfectly. Pics and details will follow but needless to say, it ran all different kinds of ammo with 9 different shooters and didn't miss a beat!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    My apologies for taking so long to submit my review! Seeing as Wolverine Supplies has the UTS-15 on sale for $999 as part of their 25 year anniversary celebration http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/det...uge-Black.aspx , I figured it was time to get my butt in gear and submit my review and pics. So, without further adieu:

The UTS-15 arrived to me in perfect shape. I was impressed at how clean it was. The person who shipped it to me set the bar pretty high so I knew how detailed I would have to be when sending it on after I was done with it.

This is a solid firearm, no doubt about it. I had lots of guys at my club try it out and it was universally enjoyed! I organize a 3-gun practice every month and for the shotgun portion of the stage I gave the shooters a choice: start the stage with the UTS-15 preloaded and ready to rock or run your own shotgun but you have to start unloaded. 9/10 shooters chose the UTS-15! About the only complaint I heard was some sharp edges hurting their thumbs when loading. Other than that, the UTS-15 cycled everyone's ammo, both shot and slugs, quite a variety of brands without a hiccup.

I also took it out to the skeet fields to put it through it's paces. I know I could have installed the barrel extension for this type of shooting but I was aiming for maximum fuddtastic effect! By about the end of the first round, I was getting a pretty good feel for the way it was patterning on the clays and on the second round, actually shot pretty decent.

Personally there were only a couple of things I didn't like about the UTS-15. The LOP wasn't right for me; I would love some adjustment in the stock. The second thing was the pins and clips - not easy to tear-down and the rearmost pin was extended and snagged easily on clothing. The below pic will hopefully illustrate what I am talking about.

Overall I was very impressed by this shotgun. It was solid, reliable, easy to use, and just looks badass! I was showing it to some friends who know little about guns and they thought I had some futuristic prototype or movie prop gun! I also showed it to a former CF armourer who poured over it and took it apart, examining it from an engineering point of view and he seemed impressed. It is an interesting gun and like my submission to the photo contest (see pic below) states, the UTS-15 isn't for everyone. But if you like guns that are a little different, this is one to consider. The bottom line is, HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE A SHOTGUN THAT HOLDS 15 ROUNDS?????????
    Thank you Wolverine Supplies for letting me be a part of the Roadshow! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Last edited by Runningfool; 10-15-2014 at 01:27 AM.

at 499$ are you still offering warrenty on these ?

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalHater View Post
    at 499$ are you still offering warrenty on these ?
    Yes, 12 months.

Wait $499???

If the test guns are for sale at $499 I'll send payment immediately

CGN Regular
    Wolverine has these on sale for their Black Friday sale. Check Facebook and elsewhere here on the forums. $499 + govt share and shipping. So pumped.

Side note:
    Mr Wolverine. Please say you've got lots in stock!