Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 71719202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Utas-15 road show

Managed to get up shooting with it, review will come in the following days.

Cheers,
    Mitch
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."- General George Patton Jr, NFA, CSSA and NRA Member

CGN Regular
    I would love to test it

Ok, so where do I begin. Let me start by saying I am not the best person with words and that this isn't going to be a perfect review. I went into this review really wanting to like this shotgun, it looks cool as hell, it's really quick handling and holds 14 shells of .12 gauge in it's magazines. The shotgun worked flawlessly once I got use to how the action had to be cycled. The action has to be worked with authority in order to avoid FTE's and FTF's. All shells that I put through this gun were 2 3/4” high brass. The mixture was 250 Score No. 7 & 8, 50 Federal 00 Buckshot and 30 Score Slugs. I didn't once have a problem with this gun cycling high brass shells. Actually, after the first 20 rounds I didn't have a single problem with this shotgun, however... this shotgun is not for me. That isn't to say that the gun is no good, it's quite the opposite... it worked perfectly, was extremely accurate and handled very very well but it just didn't feel overly comfortable to me when compared to my Hatsan MPA or 887 Tactical. Maybe after more time shooting this gun I could grow to like it more but for right now, it's not the top on my must purchase list. If the gun fits you and is comfortable for you then it is absolutely worth the money. I have attached a video and a photo of the result of a few shells, the gun will be on display at the shot I work for (Complete Gun Repairs) until I get the message that it has to be sent back. So come on in and get a feel for the gun for yourself. I would again like to thank Wolverine Supplies for the chance to test this very cool shotgun and I look forward to dealing with them in the future.

Thanks guys,
    Mitch

[youtube]JDWE4zqwG9I[/youtube]

Gun is fairly accurate (sights were off a little for me but it patterns well) with slugs and patterns well with buckshot.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."- General George Patton Jr, NFA, CSSA and NRA Member

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Hey very good review on the shotgun. I agree completely that these aren't the gun for everyone but they can still be a little fun to play around with from time to time. I can't wait to hear from the next testers.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

All firearms are range toys for me (do not hunt .... not yet anyways!). Some are more fun than others, and the UTS-15 is a lot of fun! It gets a lot of attention at the range and everybody who uses it giggles a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by baldabe View Post
    All firearms are range toys for me (do not hunt .... not yet anyways!). Some are more fun than others, and the UTS-15 is a lot of fun! It gets a lot of attention at the range and everybody who uses it giggles a lot.
    I know exactly what you mean, I still laugh when I get through a full mag run on these. They are just plain fun. I'm thinking that I might use one in the fall bear hunt this year.

Gun is on it's way to the next tester, thanks again to Wolverine for allowing me to test this gun. I also have a little surprise on the way for Grumpy in the next couple of days

Cheers,
    Mitch

Sponsoring Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter709 View Post
    Gun is on it's way to the next tester, thanks again to Wolverine for allowing me to test this gun. I also have a little surprise on the way for Grumpy in the next couple of days

Cheers,
    Mitch
    If it makes it past the warehouse....

Bwa Ha Ha

Tyson.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Supplies View Post
    If it makes it past the warehouse....

Bwa Ha Ha

Tyson.
    How's the fire insurance on your house?

Hi everyone, especially those in Calgary.

I'm planning to take the UTS-15 to "The Shooting Edge" tomorrow and try some slugs. My plan is to be there around 13:00. Feel free to bring some shells and try it out...

aakoksal