Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Utas-15 road show

BANNED
    I dont need a store credit.... I just want to test it....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    We have had an overwhelming response, so much so I am getting behind with getting this organised. I have decided in a slight change in plan and will simply start with the first email I received and work my way through them in order. I had asked for full details to be included, where they are missing or I simply had an offer "call me I will test her" you will be passed over. With close to 50 volunteer's and allowing three a month this "Show" could last well over a year and cost me over $5,000 in store credits if I accepted all offers. Sorry but no more volunteers accepted from this point forward, thank you. Last e-mail accepted was from a_n_o_n a perfect e-mail with all the details I had asked for. As soon as Ty gets back to me I will announce where she will be headed next.
    Cheers

PS
    I will need each "tester" to announce here, where I when they will be testing so others will also get the opportunity to observe and test fire.

Oops, should have double checked the thread before sending.

Oh-well, maybe if you decide to do another one in the future. Thanks anyway though, sounds like an awesome idea. I hope it works out. :D

CGN Regular
    wohoo lol, just made it.

I hope at least some of the testers intend to take some video with it, i'll be keeping an eye on the thread in hopes for this.

I wouldn't expect the $100 store credit to be loaned a gun for fun and testing, that's a very generous offer though.
    ☣Fred ought 4☣

BANNED
    @Stevo: I agree with you it has to be operated with authority. I got caught by the short-stroking issue.

That said, during my road trip, I was able to fire a few slug through a KSG... a much better bullpup shotgun, *way* more compact feeling. Though, the one I tried had constant feeding issue, the selector switch being kind of loose.

CGN Regular
    I'll buck the trend and say that I'd accept the store credit (I'll spend at least that on ammo), but I'll promise to do a hundred bucks worth of reviewing :P

Seriously though, I actually had no idea what shotgun this was when I signed up and I hadn't heard anything about it. I have since looked at some google pics and read the wiki article and I'm pretty excited at the idea of getting a chance to test it out and report back.

If I'm selected, I'll have it up to the local range at least a couple times and will make sure I post ahead of time for at least one of them so that other people can come check it out.

Stevo has completed the first test. I have contacted the next four Testers and will be announcing where the UTAS is going next as soon as I have confirmation. Following is the outline of the minimum we expect from our Testers. This is not a "free" $100, they will be earning their $100 store credit.

UTS-15 ROAD SHOW

This is the deal, we will ship the UTAS-15 to the first volunteer “Tester”, on receipt they will examine her and note the condition of the gun and included accessories reporting on how clean she is and how well lubricated. Shotgun will be shipped in a hard case with a pair of EMTAN iron sights, tactical choke, barrel extension, long range choke and instruction manual. Tester will announce on CGN where and when they will be conducting their test so others can view the session and at the discretion of the Tester also test fire her. Tester will be responsible for cost of shells and guarantee a minimum of 200rds will be fired and report on the brand of shells used. Shells can be bird shot, buckshot slug or any combination of. Tester will supply a detailed written report and photos and or a video on the test, the operation and performance. Tester will post report on this forum. Tester will then clean the gun and mail (at their expense) the shotgun to the next tester on receipt of my e-mailed instructions.

After the report has been placed on the this forum and the shotgun received by the next Tester, I will issue a $100 store credit to the Tester.

Special notes:
    Do not operate the UTS-15 without the choke attached or barrel extension with choke. Always apply a little oil when attaching chokes and tighten snug not over tight.
    Forearm needs to be operated firm and decisively, it is easy to short stroke bull pup shotguns due to their design.
    Do not “ride” the trigger.
    Ensure barrel nut is very tight, if not very snug it can cause feeding and ejection issues.

Emailed! Hopefully I make the west coast cut, I want to put my contour to use and take some good video!

Ok. Now i want one again! )

CGN Regular
    I live in Surrey, BC and am thrilled to be one of the testers. I should have an idea next week of when it'll be showing up and will be getting out to the Burma / Sylvester Road areas at least twice. If anyone wants to show me some good plinking / hunting areas around Chilliwack I would be willing to make the drive out there. I'll post more details once I know when it should arrive.