Page 1 of 34 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Utas-15 road show

Utas-15 road show

I have enough faith in this gun that I am thinking of sending one on a non chaperoned road trip. I have not worked out the details yet but something along the lines of the following: We ship the gun to the first tester, he starts by reporting on the condition she in on arrival, then proceeds to shoot the hell out of her and report back here, the good, the bad and the ugly. He then cleans and lubricates her and ships to the next guy who repeats the process. Let's say max of 14 days per tester, ideally ship after 10 days so each tester would have her over a week end. The opening report will be very interesting as we see a lot of guns returned to us as faulty when in reality they have been abused through lack of routine maintenance. So your cleaning and lubrication will be critiqued by the next tester! The tester provides the ammo, reports here and covers the cost of mailing to the next tester. After the report is made here and the gun arrives at the next tester we would issue a $100 store credit to the tester.

I would not limit this to only pro UTAS testers, I just ask for an honest appraisal.

Well the first report is completed, we should be shipping her out again next week, I will work out who is next and post a list here.

Given the amount of negative press this is getting - I think this is a great idea. A lot people get hands-on experience with it without a lot of investment.

Sign me up!
    I'll be thorough with photos and details

I would be honoured to give a reveiw on it. My wife is a rookie shotgunner so she would give her imput as well from a novice female perspective.

CGN Regular
    I would like to do this, that's awesome!!

Sounds like fun. Where do I sign up?

Id be honored to be a part of this project as well!

Wolverine was kind enough to send their UTAS UTS-15 to me, on it's first roadshow stop. Even though I told them I wanted to make it available for participants at our Team Three Gun Shoot to use, they still sent it along.

In the week prior to the event I put about 75 rounds through it, with 3 or 4 other guys putting another 50 or so rounds through. At the event it saw at least another 60-70 rounds. Unfortunately, as Match Director I was unable to keep closer track on the use it got. In the approximately 200 (or more) rounds fired through the UTS-15 the only issue encountered was when the pump was short stroked. No other issues at all. Ammo fired was a variety of brands of 2 3/4" birdshot.

Unfortunately, not that many folks used the UTS-15 at our match. I believe it was only 4 or 5 including myself. I'm guessing the uniqueness of the shotgun and the desire not to use an unfamiliar gun while on the timer led to that. I used it and was finished my half of the stage faster than my partner with his 870, despite apparently forgetting to chamber a round when making the gun ready.

Overall, I liked the shotgun. Once you figure out it has to be pumped with authority it runs great. The mag capacity is fantastic, but that is offset by the lengthy and somewhat awkward reloading process. For 3 gun use, the reload time may make it unsuitable, particularly if the match has a capacity limit or the stage does not permit starting loaded full up. It's also somewhat bulky, but the light weight offsets that, IMO.

Here's a video of me using it on our Steel Town stage:

Whatever

You already got my info, hope I made the cut!

Red face

Thanks Stevo for getting this "Show" started. If anyone is interested in participating please send an e-mail to John@wolverinesupplies.com I will need your full name and address, phone number, PAL #, date and place of birth (so we can validate your PAL) and your CGN handle. I think we will start out West and basically work across the country and then finish up north by which time it should be fairly cold! I only ask for an honest opinion based on your findings, good or bad. We have all seen these armchair experts repeatedly damn a product because they saw a U-tube video or read it on the Internet so it must be true opinions, I am not interested in them, tell us all as you find it. Remember the first thing you report is the condition of the gun, she should be clean and well lubed when you receive her, is she is not report it, all to often we get guns returned here with warranty claims when in all honesty they have been abused and neglected. Try taking a new truck in for a warranty claim when there is no oil on the dip stick!
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 10-07-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Page 1 of 34 1234567891121 ... LastLast